Just a reminder to all Bears that this event will take place this Sunday at Ibrox.

While the money might not be as crucial as we all thought it might be when both the RFFF and indeed this event were announced given that Green is financing the club for the next few weeks at least, it is still a fantastic project to get involved in.

For a minimum £100, you can take part in the psonsored walk of 1 mile, 872 yards around the stadium, finishing at the tunnel where the names of all participants will be enscribed forever as a permanent reminder of those who helped the club through this dark and difficult time.

There are still places available for anyone wanting to do this but time is running out.

Check the official site for more details and to download a sponsor form.

Incidentally, should the money in the RFFF not be required to keep the club afloat, it will be up to the fans who contributed to decide what to do with it. Some early ideas include a museum, funding youth development, sponsoring seats for schoolkids to come to matches etc. I believe there will be a vote/meeting when the dust settles to decide what is to be done.

I'm not on the RFFF mate, but I'm pretty sure this would not have even been thought of, never mind discussed.

I was beginning to type about it being a legal minefield etc and against all it was set up for, when I stopped to think for a second. It might not be the worst idea ever actually.

There could be about 500K in the fund and that might be enough to buy a share, or ask fans to chip in to get it up. If that got (figure clutched out of thin air) 5% of the consortium it could/should be enough to ensure a board position for, say, Sandy Jardine as head of RFFF, and open up lines of communication at board level directly to the fans.

It had been thought the RFFF would go on a long-term project for the fans like a museum or fanzone or invested in a youth development programme etc, but off the cuff I think thats not a bad shout at all. I have a nagging doubt that I'm missing something that would make it impossible/impractical/wrong for this to happen but cant see it just now as im rushing this as i have a client waiting!

as we seem to have a new owner in the form of mr green could we not donate all monies collected to a worthy charity ..

Worthy charity is Rangers at the moment.

The fans have donated the money so it should be used to benefit the support and club.

as we seem to have a new owner in the form of mr green could we not donate all monies collected to a worthy charity ..

Charity begins at home. If it helps with a CVA I would have no problem with them using it to pay off the football creditors.