You don't win anything with kids!! Or can we?

You really want to spunk that on over inflated wages?

No,but what I'm trying to say is that if we can retain our current squad we will challenge,we can't spunk it on new signings so why not keep a good strong squad together?. If we need to reduce the wages then the transfer embargo doesn't affect us as we couldn't afford to sign anyone anyway.

Once again I can't see why we need wage cuts unless we're going to have a reduced income. Fair enough we won't have Europe but I suspect that balances what we have saved in paying back £5m per year of our debt plus over a million in interest. We also will have lost at least three players (unless we ask Papac to stay on, which could be a desirable option).

I can also see the new owner absorbing a bit of a loss in the first season due to lack of European football, to keep the squad in good order for the following season. They will probably put some money up at the beginning to shore up their investment.

If we have a war chest, what better way to spend it than on some of the most promising 17 year olds in the world - well, the ones we can afford? We should maybe then additionally spend some money on the best coach for the developing of young talent we can afford - unless you already think McDowell is one of the best around.

It's probably a bit petty but I also think we should maybe avoid spending any money in Scotland during the embargo. Unless it's peanuts for players worth a lot more. However, due to the logistics of bringing youngsters to the club with regards to their age, that might be difficult.

Even if we retain most of the existing squad, we are not being allowed to cover for injuries and there will be some. So I would propose that to protect the playing squad we don't enter the Scottish Cup, I would also hate to see on of ours being badly hurt while representing the SFA in the national team.

Why not just play an under 18 team in the cup - protects the first pick squad, gives them experience and sticks two fingers up at the competition which will also affect the sponsors and TV companies?

Guest DietofWorms

If we have to go with kids, we go with kids. As long as our Club continues to breathe, we will regain our strength and remember long who put the boot in.

Once again I can't see why we need wage cuts unless we're going to have a reduced income. Fair enough we won't have Europe but I suspect that balances what we have saved in paying back £5m per year of our debt plus over a million in interest. We also will have lost at least three players (unless we ask Papac to stay on, which could be a desirable option).

I can also see the new owner absorbing a bit of a loss in the first season due to lack of European football, to keep the squad in good order for the following season. They will probably put some money up at the beginning to shore up their investment.

If we have a war chest, what better way to spend it than on some of the most promising 17 year olds in the world - well, the ones we can afford? We should maybe then additionally spend some money on the best coach for the developing of young talent we can afford - unless you already think McDowell is one of the best around.

It's probably a bit petty but I also think we should maybe avoid spending any money in Scotland during the embargo. Unless it's peanuts for players worth a lot more. However, due to the logistics of bringing youngsters to the club with regards to their age, that might be difficult.

Are we not meant to be running at nearly 1mill a month loss, if that's true then cuts have to be made somewhere.

Are we not meant to be running at nearly 1mill a month loss, if that's true then cuts have to be made somewhere.

That was at the start of the season before we lost Weir, Wylde, Jelavic etc etc etc.........

I think we were running at roughly about £800k per month loss before the turn of the year (Nov'/Dec'), so by taking Jelavic, Weir, Wylde, Papac & Healy out of the equation (assuming Healy leaves), then that figure could maybe be down to about £500k p/m before any other cost-cutting and/or money-making is even looked at.

I am all for giving youngsters a chance but not all young players are at the same level. If we 'have/had' to play them due to our circumstances we might end up ruining some players careers if they are played too much at such a young age. I'm sure Rangers would/will get the blame if this did happen though!!

Guest @st2oh

Hopefully we can keep the majority of the senior players...If we do we have a chance - second is almost guaranteed IMO

If we lose a lot of our seniors then we have to be realistic about titles an fight for second.

If we are purely left just with kids then we will be fighting to survive and we will support them to the maximum...but it could be quite the adventure and one I WILL be part of.