You don't win anything with kids!! Or can we?

With the SFA upholding their sham punishment, it looks like we're going to be stuck with the same players and kids to see out next season. In some ways this will provide our younger players with opportunity to develop, but what realistically can we expect from next season if the current situation doesn't change?

Our squad, assuming we lose no more players and without bringing in more of the youth team, is looking like:

GK - McGregor, Alexander, Gallacher

Defence - Goian, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Wallace, Bocanegra, Perry, Hegarty

Midfield - Edu, Davis, Naismith, Aluko, Bedoya, Ness, Mitchell, McCabe, Hutton, Fleck

Forwards - Lafferty, Healy, McCulloch, Little, Kerkar, Hemmings, McKay

We still have an experienced starting XI within the above team, but obviously that's going to have to be combined with the youth players throughout the season.

Looking objectively, we're very light up front although if Aluko can play like he did last Sunday then it's not so bad, but we would need Lafferty, Little and maybe McKay to step up to the mark.

In midfield and defence though i'd say we're still far and away the strongest team in Scotland. I'd therefore fancy our chances in the league, particularly with the motiviation we'll all have.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Aye! The club need to get Aluko, Little and Kerkar's contracts extended pronto. Healy too as long as he's willing to accept an appropriate salary.

Aye! The club need to get Aluko, Little and Kerkar's contracts extended pronto. Healy too as long as he's willing to accept an appropriate salary.

I would rather have a 17 year old than Healy. Done nothing don't expect anything. 17 year old live and hope.

I would rather have a 17 year old than Healy. Done nothing don't expect anything. 17 year old live and hope.

That's a fair point pete and we can still sign young players from abroad. We also have Hemmings if he can get over his injury problems as well as other promising youngsters.

Seems to be a lof of chat suggesting Lafferty is on his way. Especially given his dust up with the gaffer.

The guy's a clown, but best of luck to him in the Championship.

Its all very well hoping for the experience guys to stay but they go back up to 100% of their wage from June and I wonder if they are going to be affordable. I think we could let Whittaker and Edu go from the squad in opening post.

Would like to see Hemmings get over his injuries. Dont want him to turn into another Fleck with a lot of hope.