Managers Response to Cup Exit ....

Guest BlueBlood

This is getting embarrasing guys....PLG might need time but we can't give him time if this absolute pish continues. Rangers are a proud club, we're getting our arses kicked right, left and centre by shite we would have blown away a couple of years ago. Celtic fannies..oops fans, are laughing their arses off, rightly too. Fekk I don't know how to fix things....PLG SHOULD...he's in charge of one of the biggest clubs in Britain with a long history which previous bears both players and supporters have given their all for, now we seem to have a bunch of "players" who seem beaten before they set foot on our hallowed turf....THIS ROT HAS GOT TO STOP....SOMEONE, ANYONE AT GLASGOW RANGERS, PLEASE DO SOMETHING, WE'RE DYING A SLOW EMBARRASING DEATH HERE AND THERE SEEMS TO BE NOTHING BEING DONE!!

DM may be the problem at the core of the team but nobody can blame him for losing against Dundee United and St Johnstone.

We had a mulit million pound team against both and we looked as if we were playing we sand in our boots.

The team is a lost cause. I thought we might get a response from Sunday but the opposite happended.

Dunfermline wont be scared about coming to Ibrox on Saturday.

In the Summer everyone was pleased we got PLG.A top notch catch in everyones eyes!!

We have went into a slide and for whatever reason the players lack confidence,I hope we don`t react to the press hysteria regarding the manager...the so called journalists who said PLG would never come to Rangers in the first place because he was destined to biger and better things now rip into him like a pack of wolves...

They are loving every minute of our "crisis!!"...Me...I hope the support back the manager and give him total support.

We were playing decent football at the start of the season and most people said its only a matter of time before we hammer someone...unfortunately that never happened,game after game passed and we were toiling to beat teams...the confidence of the players dropped and the fans got on the teams back....the press sensed this and that gave them even more of an excuse to rip into the team...

We are now at breaking point.....will PLG be sacked?[big mistake IMO]...Will he quit??.[dont think so]..or will we start again and work hard to try and recover what is left of our season?

Years ago people always ranted on about competting in Europe...League Cup is a Diddy cup etc...it seems we have gone full circle and regard domestic sucess the be all and end all...funny how all through the years winning cup after cup..league after league the mhedia rattled on about the lack of progress in Europe!!

I hope we close Ranks and dont give the press or the tv/radio anything other than full backing for PLG.

Murray on the other hand.....:mad:

We are now at breaking point.....will PLG be sacked?[big mistake IMO]...Will he quit??.[dont think so]..or will we start again and work hard to try and recover what is left of our season?

Years ago people always ranted on about competting in Europe...League Cup is a Diddy cup etc...it seems we have gone full circle and regard domestic sucess the be all and end all...funny how all through the years winning cup after cup..league after league the mhedia rattled on about the lack of progress in Europe!!

Fine post Steve with good points.

Everyone was knee-jerk reacting last nite, and i still think everyone backs the manager. I do!

Everyone was knee-jerk reacting last nite, and i still think everyone backs the manager. I do!

Agree with that although it's hard to keep perspective when things are so poor. I am having doubts now whether PLG has got the makings of a real Rangers manager although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Guest Bertent

Glad to see so many backing the manager, despite:-

1. Not resolving the central defensive problem

2. Playing a midfield formation that is alwasy over run an out muscled

3. Having a set of forwards that cant score

4. signing a string of players who cant make he team, despite most of the existing squad being a bunch of light weight wasters.

5. Toeing the Minty lineabout spending cash

6. Bing unable to react to the developments on the park during a game.

7. That despite the hype we still seem to have a team devoid of fitness

8. Having a squd thatseems unmotivated and devoid of fight

9.Who looks that he hasnt got a fuckin clue how hes going to turn things around.

10. Has won games in europe( so did Eck) against less than exhaulted oposition.

This is not just media hype, we are playing shite, and god forbid we are in a damn site worse state than we were a year ago.

Fine post Steve with good points.

Agree with that although it's hard to keep perspective when things are so poor. I am having doubts now whether PLG has got the makings of a real Rangers manager although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

agree with all that but its hard not to when all you feel is blind panic!

Look at our squad on paper. I'd say that's a promising looking team which we can build on for the future. So why aren't they producing results? The core of the team is the same as last year really and we gave Eck pelters about his record and tried to get him out the door. Its fairly obvious that the players we have aren't good enough.

But, PLG seems to be overlooking some really obvious problems which we've all been moaning about for a few years now. We all know what they are.

If you believe the papers today, DM is giving PLG a month to turn things around. The problem is though, that if he sacks PLG (which I don't think will happen), is that the next manager coming in is left with the same bunch of players and the same lack of cash to rebuild the squad. We obviously don't have the same standard of youth talent coming through as other Scottish clubs, so we can't even rely on young players to fill the gaps at the moment.

Teams like Hibs may be below us in the table (at the moment), but, taking Hibs as an example, they're playing much more attractive football than us and are bringing through talented youngsters who are being looked at with envy by other clubs. Why aren't we doing that?

I still say its harsh to judge guys like Sebo as they're not getting a decent run in the team. This chopping and changing of the team is doing no-one any good at all.

In light of how last season turned out and how many years previously the warning signs have been there for, this isn't a knee jerk reaction by the fans. OK, so the majority should have seen that PLG isn't a miracle worker, but I think we're all entitled to expect that we'd see progress this year, even if we didn't win the league. We'd see our team playing attractive, open football and shore up the defence to make Ibrox intimidate teams again. Unfortunately we're in line to have a worse season than last time round at this rate.

And as fans I think we also have to realise that certain average players just aren't good enough. Since the big names all left a few years back, we've come to accept very average players in our squad and hailing them as being Rangers class when obviously they're not. We're just clutching at straws.

And yes, one thread for all these opinions would be nice instead of the multiple ones just now! but we can't have everything we want, can we?!