Managers Response to Cup Exit ....

Yes PLG is making some selections that the fan's are going to disagree with, we got used to that last season with Eck and thought it would change now.

But he still gets my backing. We, absolutely no doubt, have to buy at least one player in January. It has been a long time since we had a commanding defender and teams are starting to take notice of this.

MON, although i hate to say it, was the first to notice it a few seasons back. He had our number by buying big burly players (bullies) who would get at us and this season, that area more than anywhere else, seems to have got much worse, very fast.

But, the rot starts at the very top.

PLG is a top manager, he has proved that in the past and with the proper supprt/backing of a chairman who cares for the club/fan he will prove it again.

Is DM a top chairman?... i know my answer to that....

Hard times. :sigh:

Le Guens' response .......

Link: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1659122006

Going on to 'Mikes' point about the squad 'looking good on paper'........

Who, apart from the disaster that is J Rod, is our centre-half ? I canny see one and I don't know ANY successful team without at least 2 big guys at the back.

:sigh:

That's just my point, we've needed a big, no-nonsense centre half who isn't disaster prone, for years now but we've still not signed him. So how come other clubs around us have managed to find such players? I'd say Marv was the closest we've come in recent times, but he needed someone with a bit of class & speed to play alongside him, but that never happened.