Got a call from from SKY

With regard to the Sky deal, I was under the impression that there is a clause saying that the Old Firm must be there and all their games are screened. Hence the debate about us not being in the SPL would blow the latter's TV deal out of existence.

On a sidenote, Sky Germany bought the TV rights for German BL footie for another few years (methinks), spending some Euro 680m ...

I personally know Davies background but that doesnt take away from the fact he is another ex Celtic employee employed by Sky. Sky custyomers and viewers know him as ex-Celtic player not, boyhood Rangers fan, unlike Neil McCann were the whole country is well aware he was a Celtic fan.

Again, going off topic to back you up. Doesnt work. Beattie has nothing to do with Skys biased employment policy. What is you point bringing that up?

I named a group i know have affiliation with Celtic whether it be fans or employees of the club.

The fact you are not aware of fans widespread reservations about Provan i guess shows its no surprise you dont see what is at play here at Sky.

So we disagree, fair enough.

I'm moving on. I think we are on different planets regarding this particular debate. I'll stick with mine, the view's clearer :P

With regard to the Sky deal, I was under the impression that there is a clause saying that the Old Firm must be there and all their games are screened. Hence the debate about us not being in the SPL would blow the latter's TV deal out of existence.

The clause is that before the split, Sky get exclusive coverage of 2 home Rangers games and 2 Celtic home games. Naturally, the home games they choose are the OF games. My understanding is the clause isn't explicit about OF matches, but about Rangers and Celtic home games. Because, as we know, all live matches before the split involving the OF are away games.

Admittedly, this has the same result, without us in the SPL the contract is void. Presumably. Problem is the Sky/ESPN boycott has absolutely zero bearing on this contract - the only time anything can happen to affect anything is if Rangers are not in the SPL - and the boycotts are in no way related to affecting that. They're all about hurting the profits of SFA sponsors and the TV deal.

We should compete in the cups, but with an U18 team.

Are we allowed to do that? Have there not been instances of teams beings fined by Football Associations for fielding understrength teams?

Blackpool spring to mind and Man Utd. I may be wrong though

I would be astonished, and in my view it would be negligent of them, if Sky does not to have clauses contained in its contract with the SFA and the SPL to the effect that, if the recipient of the tv deal (the SFA) was to do something that in some way damaged the commercial viability or profitability of the product(s) that Sky offer; or if their actions were to affect the reputation of Sky themselves, that they do not have recourse to cancel the contract within given parameters.

Therefore, if sufficient bears were to cancel Sky and to explain why they were doing so, this is very likely to have an impact on decisions related to their tv deals. Whether this means they cancel their contract with SFA is another matter and perhaps unlikely in the short term. But we may find that Sky drive down the amount of the deals offered in future or withdraw from bidding for the future rights to show Scotland/ Scottish Cup games.

We should compete in the cups, but with an U18 team and we shuld boycott both home AND away games if paired against an SPL team because the visiting team gets half the proceeds.

We obviously would need to pay policing costs etc, could have another whp round for that.

We will need to progress as far as we can in the Scottish Cup. No matter who buys us, we will still be short of cash and will not be in a position to boycott any cup competitions.

The commercial realities are such that Division 3 would also not be a voluntary option for a new owner.

Every penny still counts going forward.

We should compete in the cups, but with an U18 team and we shuld boycott both home AND away games if paired against an SPL team because the visiting team gets half the proceeds.

We obviously would need to pay policing costs etc, could have another whp round for that.

If we are boycotting, why would we need policing?

If we are boycotting, why would we need policing?

Our fixtures still require policing, even if our own fans aren't there. For away fixtures I don't exactly know how it works, but both teams presumably pay policing costs.

Our fixtures still require policing, even if our own fans aren't there. For away fixtures I don't exactly know how it works, but both teams presumably pay policing costs.

I thought policing costs were the responsibility of the home team as the match is their event.

I thought policing costs were the responsibility of the home team as the match is their event.

Then why have we owed money to other clubs? What costs have we owed them?