Aluko & Edu Racially abused (allegedly)

Strathclyde Police have confirmed they are investigating claims by Rangers that two of their players were racially abused.

It is understood the Ibrox pair allegedly received the abuse via their Twitter accounts overnight.

Neither player has been named by police or the club.

However, Kyle Bartley - who spent last season on loan at Rangers from Arsenal - has indicated on his own Twitter page that the players targeted were Sone Aluko and Maurice Edu.

Rangers tweeted from their official account: "The Club has this morning been made aware of racial abuse directed at two of our players.

"We have reported this matter to the Police who are now investigating the matter."

A Strathclyde Police spokesperson said on Wednesday: "We can confirm the matter has been reported to us and we are investigating."

==================

Can we not have a society without knuckle-draggers ? Incredible in this day and age.

It is 24 years since Mark Walters debut at ra Piggery. Both the kick-off and second half to thet game were held up for several minutes while ra Sellik groundstaff cleared numerous bananas from the pitch and trackside.

If the game in Scotland and both our broadcast and print media are really interested in finally dealing with the problem, then Mark Walters debut should be the focus. To think, almost a quarter of a century later, this still occurs? Unacceptable.

I've seen the screengrabs. Bartley in particular seems to be the victim of a lot of racial abuse.

I think he's a target from the Celtic fans because of his tackle on Broonaldo a couple of seasons ago. It seems Celtic fans don't like seeing their players being fouled.

Edited by Gazza_8

I think he's a target from the Celtic fans because of his tackle on Broonaldo a couple of seasons ago. It seems Celtic fans don't like seeing their players being fouled.

So they use racism as a way to get back at him...my what forward thinking fans. I also saw the tweets. Disgusting.