E-Mails Between Whyte And D & P

He speaks with the BBC more often than anyone else now. Despite still have a writ outstanding against them.

The guy is a total loonball. I guess then that the emails could have come from him, particulalry as he may think that they show him in a favourable light.

I've no doubt that Duff and Phelps (inc Grier) gave Craig Whyte assurances that they were going to act favourably towards him and hand him back his company post admin and sail off into the sunset with their £500k. What they've done is spot an opportunity to make their firm and consequently themselves a small fortune and to hell with Craig Whyte. The scamster gets scammed, how appropriate.

I've no doubt that Duff and Phelps (inc Grier) gave Craig Whyte assurances that they were going to act favourably towards him and hand him back his company post admin and sail off into the sunset with their £500k. What they've done is spot an opportunity to make their firm and consequently themselves a small fortune and to hell with Craig Whyte. The scamster gets scammed, how appropriate.

I don't think its that. I question a number of their words and actions but D&P are court appointed and are supposed to act in the interests of creditors. At the outset I suspect Whyte would have been telling them that he was the secured creditor and all they needed to worry about in terms of getting agreement to a CVA - hence the in and out by March payday stuff, and D&P promising to keep fees to £500k if that is the case.

Almost from the moment the D&P got their foot in the door they've uncovered that Whyte has woven a web of lies and deceit that has taken months to unravel. Ergo, we are where we are.

it seems to me d&p agree this should be quick simple and cheep.

so why isn't it. we could be in Europe next year if it was.

if fees had been kept to 500k then a buyer would with the jela money only have had to bid a few million to get us to the numbers proposed today.

it seems to me d&p agree this should be quick simple and cheep.

so why isn't it. we could be in Europe next year if it was.

if fees had been kept to 500k then a buyer would with the jela money only have had to bid a few million to get us to the numbers proposed today.

Of course we couldn't, we could not have had this all done and dusted in the time frame to be eligible for europe. We were never getting our accounts signed off in time.

Of course we couldn't, we could not have had this all done and dusted in the time frame to be eligible for europe. We were never getting our accounts signed off in time.

Perhaps they were signed off (albeit heavily qualified) but lacked a directors signature on the balance sheet, curiously Grant Thornton don't appear on the creditors list.

Admin Statement just released:

Duff and Phelps, administrators of Rangers Football Club today issued the following statement.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "Over the past week or so BBC Scotland and the journalist Mark Daly have broadcast a number of false, inaccurate and defamatory allegations about Duff and Phelps which have been referred to our solicitors.

"Mr Daly's latest report, based on email correspondence prior to administration, suggests that Duff and Phelps had agreed to cap the cost of administration at £500,000. This is a wholly misleading and inaccurate assertion.

"The email Mr Daly referred to is a fee quotation our firm supplied to Craig Whyte that was based on information he had supplied to us and was for anticipated work relating to a specific possible administration outcome. This outcome did not materialise and therefore the quotation was therefore redundant.

"For the BBC and Mr Daly to use this information in such a distorted manner is absurd and betrays a lack of objectivity and demonstrates poor journalistic standards.

"From the first day of administration, it became clear to us that the Club was in a major insolvency situation that was going to last for a significant period of time.

"Since the Club entered administration, we have fulfilled our statutory duty to look after the interests of creditors and keep the business going despite the challenging circumstances.

"As stated on Tuesday in the CVA document, all fees are subject to approval by creditors and are in keeping with the best practice guidelines from insolvency practitioners bodies.

"It is also worth clarifying that the BBC has got its sums wrong when stating our fees are now more than 10 times the original quotation."

As asked Mark Daly and Alistair Lamont on twitter earlier what exactly their point was with regards to the latest set of emails. And given the Admin's response within the article which seems to suggest it was a lot of stuff and nonsense, what was Mark Daly's response. Given that Admins are referring them to m'learned friends, perhaps that will explain why they haven't replied.

I just hope Admins follow through with the threat and raise an action. Will be amusing to see them squirm.

As asked Mark Daly and Alistair Lamont on twitter earlier what exactly their point was with regards to the latest set of emails. And given the Admin's response within the article which seems to suggest it was a lot of stuff and nonsense, what was Mark Daly's response. Given that Admins are referring them to m'learned friends, perhaps that will explain why they haven't replied.

I just hope Admins follow through with the threat and raise an action. Will be amusing to see them squirm.

Have they actually served a libel writ on Daly?