Radio Clyde and Rangers Supporters

All the phone-in shows are pretty poor, and not just the Scottish ones.

Agree on one that CJ, I blame the quality of pundit and presenter, the amount of crap coming from the so called experts could keep Beechgrove gardens going for years.

It's one thing to lean slightly one way or another but for Clyde to be so blatantly anti-Rangers and pro-Celtic is beyond acceptable for a commercial organisation and it seems that the owners agree. I listen most nights while I'm cooking or pottering about but only out of a kind of morbid fascination with the sickness of the bheast.

All the phone-in shows are pretty poor, and not just the Scottish ones.

I have to admit that I quite enjoy the Real radio phone in - it generally light hearted and has some balance having 2 OF representatives. That's not saying that the don't talk a load of guff, and discuss stuff in "detail" with only half information.

It's one thing to lean slightly one way or another but for Clyde to be so blatantly anti-Rangers and pro-Celtic is beyond acceptable for a commercial organisation and it seems that the owners agree. I listen most nights while I'm cooking or pottering about but only out of a kind of morbid fascination with the sickness of the bheast.

I'd say that a commercial operation are at liberty to do whatever they want, provided they appease their shareholders. State broadcasters are the ones who should be answerable to the public.

I have to admit that I quite enjoy the Real radio phone in - it generally light hearted and has some balance having 2 OF representatives. That's not saying that the don't talk a load of guff, and discuss stuff in "detail" with only half information.

I would say 1 1/2 OF pundits remember one of them is DJ.

Can just remember him when I first started going to the games some of his put downs were classic. Of course he might have trouble with today's Internet age.

Does show that they must be worried with the drop in listening figures, for them to go to this length.

"And your point is caller?" Sanderson loved the sound of his own voice too much but he was a giant compared to the pygmies that occupy the world of football journalism today

"And your point is caller?" Sanderson loved the sound of his own voice too much but he was a giant compared to the pygmies that occupy the world of football journalism today

" Were you at the game caller " another classic, don't think it would work in today's info world.

I'd suggest it is almost impossible to be impartial in a city like Glasgow, so why even try. Some people will always hear bias whether it is there or not. I don't understand why Clyde don't simply have a 'Rangers' show, with Rangers related guests and Rangers related topics and a Celtic show for them. With digital and online broadcasting these could be done simultaneously on different frequencies. It won't affect advertising revenue as the same commercials can be run on both shows. Overheads will rise but not prohibitively so I imagine.

This obsession broadcast media have with perceived neutrality baffles me. We don't need people who are neutral we need people who are profesional and good at their job. When it comes to football in Scotland no one is neutral or unbiased, Clyde, Real, the BBC et al should accept that and work with it. I've no problem listening to a Celtic supporters view on something if it is cohesive, thoughtful and well presented and it is clear the person is a Celtic supporter and this informs their view. I may disagree with them but I can listen and accept it. Just don't pretend it is unbiased or factual when it's biased and subjective.

John McGuire was/is the owner of Pheonix Honda.

A decade past, the Daily Record ran a front page entitled, 'Thugs and Thieves'; three Sellik players had chased down a Record snapper in Newcastle and taken his camera. John McGuire's Pheonix Honda took several full colour pages of advertising, at least 3 times per week in the Record. In protest at the headline, he cancelled the advertising and moved the entire account to Radio Snyde.

At that time, Snyde were owned and managed by big, big Sellik man, Sir Jimmy Gordon. The Chief Executive was former Sellik PRO, Paul Cooney. During Sellik's run to Suvul, Snyde increased their production due to extra revenues provided and covered every match(home and away). It reached a point where car deals were being drawn live on Snyde by John McGuire's parish priest, live from the Linwood showroom.