SFA to launch legal proceedings to reclaim £200k fine handed out to Craig Whyte

THE SFA are preparing to return to Edinburghâ??s Court of Session to force shamed former Rangers owner Craig Whyte into coughing up a £200,000 fine.

The governing body lost out to Rangers in the same court last week when Lord Glennie ruled the transfer ban imposed by the SFA judicial panel on the Ibrox club was outwith their powers.

This week, though, the SFAâ??s legal team will be told to pursue Whyte for the fine that was handed down to him at the same time as the transfer embargo for bringing the game into disrepute.

Whyte, who sneered at the time: â??Good luck collecting the money,â? had been given 30 days to pay but that deadline passed 10 days ago.

A Hampden source last night said: â??If he does not respond we must consider taking a civil action against Mr Whyte through the Court of Session.â?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/06/03/sfa-to-launch-legal-proceedings-in-bid-to-reclaim-200k-fine-handed-out-to-craig-whyte-86908-23884056/

So, let's get this right.

The SFA (and if we are to believe, FIFA and EUFA) are categorically against footballing adminstrative matters being taken to courts.

I see a paradox.

I also see the SFA needing to find some dosh.

They must have spunked a fortune on lawyers this season past.

Wouldn't it be sweet if they went down the tubes.

Is it my blue tinted specs or is this rather hypocritical of the SFA? Bleat about us going to court but do the same thing when things don't go their way.

I seem to remember the SFA saying they couldn't afford to go to court over TLB

Did I hear right over the weekend? I'm sure I heard a journo state that the SFA would come after Rangers for the money if they can't get it from Whyte. Surely most conjecture?

I'm led to believe that's exactly what they can do, but if they're taking Whyte to court then he might have no option but to cough up.

Ha ha good luck to them, i dont think they will see a penny of this.

He has heritable property in Scotland and Tixway Ltd (it has assets) is registered in Scotland, if the law thinks they have a case they will get their money any attempt to dispose of his heritable property will be classed as gratuitous alienation under Scots Law.