Reaction to Lafferty's wedding in a Catholic church

Don't want to feel left out so I better post on here :)

Well done to big Lafferty for pulling such a braw woman, congrats on your wedding :awesome:

Wonder what happened with his previous chick. He posted lots of personal photos of them together on Facebook, and they were engaged I'm sure. Then next thing we know he's in the paper with Miss Scotland. And never bothered to update his Facebook page!

Wonder what happened with his previous chick. He posted lots of personal photos of them together on Facebook, and they were engaged I'm sure. Then next thing we know he's in the paper with Miss Scotland. And never bothered to update his Facebook page!

With her looks and I think she is also pregnant, along with his injury claims, looks like he's been too busy to update his FB page :)

With her looks and I think she is also pregnant, along with his injury claims, looks like he's been too busy to update his FB page :)

I unfriended him a long time ago. Mind you I also deactivated my own account.

But yes, she's not the worst on the eye. What exactly does she see in him?

I unfriended him a long time ago. Mind you I also deactivated my own account.

But yes, she's not the worst on the eye. What exactly does she see in him?

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Guest Xander1873
Xander1873 – I think you might be correct that we could find ourselves going round in circles and I accept I’m unlikely to change your mind on some subjects but that was never my goal anyway. I’m just curious why you feel, apparently strongly, the way you do about some of this. I’ve no agenda beyond that.

With regard your housing association and flags you should at least speak to citizens advice about that. Ban all flags or none but they can’t ban the Union flag on it’s own, is there more to that story perhaps?

I’d like to take issue with a couple of things you said in your last post.

I’m obviously not making myself clear on the relevancy question. I accept it is relevant because we’re discussing it, I’m asking why you feel it is relevant when most of the country no longer feel it’s relevant in their lives far less at a football match? It puzzles me, you say you sing Hymns at your church, that makes sense, but you sing songs about the history of ‘your’ country and freedom from tyrannical monarchy at the football. Fan culture means we sing songs at football that have little or no connection to the ‘game’ from Penny Arcade to Simply the Best, pretty much every club has something similar. Do you sing the freedom and monarchy songs anywhere else?

For the record I’d have a problem with a Muslim or a Catholic expressing their faith at a Rangers match, I’m surprised you wouldn’t. They should keep it for their places of worship.

I don’t know what Scottish attendances downturn you refer too, can you elaborate?

I must have misunderstood your post about our founders and an Orange link, fair enough. Is someone trying to take ‘your place’ at the club away, again serious question, do you feel that’s happening?

The housing association rules ban all flags but it is only ever enforced when its either the British flags or anything Rangers. I enjoy the songs in my house, myself and friends have sung the same songs when having barbecue's and I have sung the songs while marching through the streets of glasgow. I don't think that Ibrox is an inappropriate setting to sing these songs which is why I continue to do so.

I don't know if most of the country feel its irrelevant, I agree that a lot don't observe it or feel it occupies an overly important place in their lives. I think a lot of people who claim to be Protestant or Catholic are what I describe as Political Protestants and Political catholics. I would agree that most within Ibrox and Parkhead would fall into that category, I don't have a problem with that personally, my faith is the most important thing in my life. It makes me a better person than I once was, it has helped to install a sense of duty and honour in my everyday life and while there are times when I fall short of my aspirations. I am a better person because of my faith and I try to celebrate it and observe in all my endeavours.

I don't sing songs that are banned and I refrain from obscenities at the football but I see nothing wrong with songs like the Sash my father wore, Derry's walls, the green grassy slopes of the Boyne, Rule Britannia and our national anthem. I was raised to have a deep sense of reverence for my country i,e the flag and the Monarchy.

As for the point on a Muslim or an RC expressing the faith at the football, I wouldn't have a problem with them doing that while I don't agree with the message of their faiths. Faith isn't supposed to be contained in a church building its supposed to be spread and celebrated, people are supposed to share the message of their faith.

I assume you don't think that a football ground is the place to express religious views, where as I find it difficult to think of a place where a person should be prohibited from expressing their faith.

I think Rangers and Celtic have kind of went against the trend with their attendances and I think that if the divide didn't exist and there wasn't an added edge to the Old firm, we would see a difference. Its only my opinion and with all opinions I could be wrong.

I and a fair few others feel that people look upon the protestant connection the club has with shame and embarrassment. Some vocal people would much rather it was left in the past and forgotten about.