Congratulations to the Queen

Guest superrcooper7

Fair enough. I can respect and go along with that. There is nothing in this world that will change my opinion of the Royals though. My dad got a medal from her as he was in the forces, still means nothing to me I'm afraid but ewach to their own.

I really should just have not posted as I'm sure I'm in the vast minority with my views.

My opinion and I'm allowed one I believe.

I'd have no problem at all telling anyone, anywhere I have no time for the whole royal institute. Why should i? Just because I have supported Rangers for 30+ years.

Nice touch with Coop kicking me in the baws though.

Guess I should have kept my mouth shut....

You have the right to say what you want but I think we do have to take into account the amount of money the royal family bring in in tourism and the work they do in diplomatic terms. I know I am contradicting my own last post but they do reap in millions for the state.

Guest superrcooper7

As I said, everyone has their opinion. I'm sure they cost us a fair bit too.

I gave my opinion an yeah, yours does contradict yourself a little. Anyway, just my honest opinion, I wasn't going to lie but shouldn't have posted in the first place.

Could go on and out of hand which I don't want so do regret posting my view judging by the reaction.

I'll say no more :)

Guest superrcooper7
Inclusive enough for ya?

Is that directed at me? Is what inclusive enough?

Forget it, I'm really not interested in anything royal.

Guest Xander1873
As I said, everyone has their opinion. I'm sure they cost us a fair bit too.

I gave my opinion an yeah, yours does contradict yourself a little. Anyway, just my honest opinion, I wasn't going to lie but shouldn't have posted in the first place.

Could go on and out of hand which I don't want so do regret posting my view judging by the reaction.

I'll say no more :)

At the beginning of a monarchs reign He/She signs over the money from the Crown Estates in return for the Civil List [which isn't a salary but more like an expense account to pay for the costs of the Queen's duties and the Queen pays money to other Royals to cover the costs of their duties]. The Crown Estates gives to the treasury in excess of £200m per year.

This is before taking into account other ways in which the Royal Family brings money into the country and we shouldn't forget that if we didn't have a monarch we would still need a head of state. Which would be a politician without any kind of history or pageantry and going by their history his expenses would probably be more than the civil list. We would also still have all the royal palaces which would still need to be funded and taken care of.

In truth the Monarchy makes us money and costs us nothing even when other costs beyond the civil list are taken into account. Your entitled to your opinion on the Monarchy, mate and I fully accept that some people are just opposed to such institutions but I just think the cost is used as an example to oppose the idea of Monarchy.

Anyway not having a dig, mate.

Guest Lloret1972

Before I say let move on - again - I have to confess that my son presently lives across the road from Buckingham palace in a tied cottage called Wellington barracks. He's been busy lately wearing his red jacket and furry hat.

Guest Xander1873
Before I say let move on - again - I have to confess that my son presently lives across the road from Buckingham palace in a tied cottage called Wellington barracks. He's been busy lately wearing his red jacket and furry hat.

I'm sure you would rather he was on parade in London instead of in harms way in foreign lands. I have a lot of respect for the forces, they do a great job.