Congratulations to the Queen

They work hard for our country? In what way?

Some will say travelling all over the world to the very best hospitality all in the glare of the public eye is easy.

I'd say spending over 12 hours a day in tedious public engagements and the associated stress of being unable to lead your life freely goes beyond the call of duty.

Not to mention the amazing social and charity initiatives many of the Royal family are involved in. As well as their service in the forces.

Do they have a more difficult life than you or I? Probably not but I'd certainly say they work hard.

Guest superrcooper7

The best thing I read (can't remember where) was from a guy having a go about the comments about how hard she works. He compared it to his granda who was down the pits at 12 and his gran who also worked well into her 70's. He said now that was real hard work and graft, not the luxury these 'people born into it' have.

Wish I could find the quote but know when reading I agreed with every word.

Work? Pffft, life of luxury more like.

Guest superrcooper7

Think the disagree button should be brought back instead of one for agree and thanks so we could just hit the disagree button without the hassle it causes for having to post why you disagree. This would have been handy in the Lafferty thread too as it's a lot of bickering back and forth.

Facts are a bastard aren't they for the republican arguement.

But let's get rid of her and bring in more f#*king politicians we all can do with more of that shower of corrupt bastards. A president wouldn't cost the country any money I take it? And we will be knocking down all the Royal Palaces so no income from them going into the countries coffers this new order state sounds just all roses.

Tourists come to London to visit all the attractions, not just BP. I don't think there would be much difference, if any, in the revenue brought to the country by the tourists if all the Palaces were knocked down. The tourists would still flock.

Think the disagree button should be brought back instead of one for agree and thanks so we could just hit the disagree button without the hassle it causes for having to post why you disagree. This would have been handy in the Lafferty thread too as it's a lot of bickering back and forth.

Disagree. ;)

Nothing wrong with bickering as long as people debate respectfully. Just hitting buttons isn't anywhere near as much fun.

Guest superrcooper7

LOL, very good :)

Aye but it's when the 'fun' gets to the same tiring bickering that appears on other thread with the same users.

I have no interest in the Royals or anything they stand for or represent, whatever so I should in all fairness not have posted my inital thoughts which has gone onto 6 pages of 'debate'

The best thing I read (can't remember where) was from a guy having a go about the comments about how hard she works. He compared it to his granda who was down the pits at 12 and his gran who also worked well into her 70's. He said now that was real hard work and graft, not the luxury these 'people born into it' have.

Wish I could find the quote but know when reading I agreed with every word.

Work? Pffft, life of luxury more like.

IMO It's an absolute myth to say the Royals have never worked hard . Sure they were not down the pits as 12 year olds but they have all worked and had military careers ect .

The Royals might not be down mines, but that is to suggest that anyone who isn't down a mine isn't a hard worker. Which appears a rather insulting generalisation if you ask me.