Congratulations to the Queen

I'm sure you would rather he was on parade in London instead of in harms way in foreign lands. I have a lot of respect for the forces, they do a great job.

Totally agree.

Managed to go the whole day without seeing any of this rubbish. Knew it was to good to last.

Well, rubbish is a bit harsh. A lot of people in this country love the royals, whether they be Rangers fans, Partick fans or even maybe the occasional tim. Or even non football fan.

I don't mind the royals, I think they're a pretty decent bunch of ambassadors for the country, apart from old Phil who really does come out with a lot of cobblers. But the rest represent the UK rather well, and bring in a shitload of cash for the tourist side.

It's odd, but it's something Americans are jealous of the UK about - they would love their own monarchy.

Is that directed at me? Is what inclusive enough?

Forget it, I'm really not interested in anything royal.

Most certainly not aimed at you. Aimed at all those who insist their baggage does not exclude anyone, as long as they keep their mouths shut at the game and don't post differing opinions in threads.

Find it a bit sad that a thread to thank a person for 60 years of service to their country ends up a debate on the monarchy. Says more about the Queen haters than us loyal guys.

God Bless you Your Majesty, and thank you for your steadfast service to Great Britain & the Commonwealth.

Wish we had more like you in this country.

Edited by GovanAllan

You're not getting away with that - if you stick a thread with no connection to football in the football section of a website, you're going to get people responding positively and negatively.

Says nothing about you 'loyal guys', nor anyone else. Get off your high horse.

Find it a bit sad that a thread to thank a person for 60 years of service to their country ends up a debate on the monarchy. Says more about the Queen haters than us loyal guys.

God Bless you Your Majesty, and thank you for your steadfast service to Great Britain & the Commonwealth.

Wish we had more like in this country.

If you were born into that gig you'd cling on to it for 60 years as well. Millions of people work hard and serve their country, some even give their lives to defending it but they are not rewarded with lives of luxury and privilege.

In the years to come things are going to get very difficult for a lot of people, energy shortages, economic collapse, poverty and health system privatisation. What will the Royal family contribute to helping out in these areas? It won't be an awful lot I promise you.