Congratulations to the Queen

i would swap my wages for theres Frankie ;-)

I'm sure we'd all like the extra comfort mate but I wouldn't fancy their working week. No snoozing on the night shift like all you chancers in Cockenzie...

Poor lass hasn't even been able to each her lunch in peace today! :D

I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of the Monarchy but I've really enjoyed most of the coverage over the last few days.

These people lead a privileged life but they also work hard for our country and I'm not sure I'd swap my life for theirs.

They work hard for our country? In what way?

Where to start with this...?

Facts are a bastard aren't they for the republican arguement.

But let's get rid of her and bring in more f#*king politicians we all can do with more of that shower of corrupt bastards. A president wouldn't cost the country any money I take it? And we will be knocking down all the Royal Palaces so no income from them going into the countries coffers this new order state sounds just all roses.

Edited by GovanAllan

Facts are a bastard aren't they for the republican arguement.

Facts...hmmm. Firstly, not having a Monarchy doesn't make you a Republic and certainly not in the sense that Casey implied. Secondly, the financial argument is flawed, there is no proof whatsoever that the Royals are a nett gain to our economy and plenty of evidence that they cost us as a nation £50m+ per year. The rest of the world do not look up to us for having a Royal family in fact 99.9% of people out there probably have no idea that it's her Jubilee year, they are as irrelevant to the rest of the world as they are to me.

How bad does the global financial crisis have to get before it's considered vulgar for one family to be immunised from it and live out their lives in privileged luxury? I'd say that point is here but fair play to anyone that disagrees, we live in a democracy don't we?

Facts...hmmm. Firstly, not having a Monarchy doesn't make you a Republic and certainly not in the sense that Casey implied. Secondly, the financial argument is flawed, there is no proof whatsoever that the Royals are a nett gain to our economy and plenty of evidence that they cost us as a nation £50m+ per year. The rest of the world do not look up to us for having a Royal family in fact 99.9% of people out there probably have no idea that it's her Jubilee year, they are as irrelevant to the rest of the world as they are to me.

How bad does the global financial crisis have to get before it's considered vulgar for one family to be immunised from it and live out their lives in privileged luxury? I'd say that point is here but fair play to anyone that disagrees, we live in a democracy don't we?

So no answers to any of the other points I raised then just more crap about privileged family life, I don't come from a poor family but have worked all my days the same as the Queen, I take it you want my family to divide up their wealth and all live in a council house again.

So you'd really see all that history just bulldozed, thrown out on the street etc?

Wow.

The rest of the world do not look up to us for having a Royal family in fact 99.9% of people out there probably have no idea that it's her Jubilee year, they are as irrelevant to the rest of the world as they are to me.

I find it very hard to believe that 99.9% of the rest of the world have no idea its her Jubilee year.

Secondly, the financial argument is flawed, there is no proof whatsoever that the Royals are a nett gain to our economy and plenty of evidence that they cost us as a nation £50m+ per year.

That's incorrect.

So you'd really see all that history just bulldozed, thrown out on the street etc?

Wow.

I'd rather see them gain a sense of perspective and demonstrate true selflessness, relinquishing their feudal control.The history would take care of itself it's history after all. Versailles is still one of the top tourist attractions in the world and there hasn't been a King or Queen in it since the revolution.

So no answers to any of the other points I raised then just more crap about privileged family life, I don't come from a poor family but have worked all my days the same as the Queen, I take it you want my family to divide up their wealth and all live in a council house again.

Not sure what that's got to do with it. Your family deserve immense credit for working hard and making a success of themselves, we live in a democratic capitalist society and we are all free to make of our lives what we can. These latest Royals are just the offspring of the previous ruling families who've never had to earn a living for generations. Everything is given to them and nothing is earned.

I find it very hard to believe that 99.9% of the rest of the world have no idea its her Jubilee year.

Obviously a made up statistic however if you could take a quick survey of 1m people around the world (all corners of all continents) I'd be comfortable saying that the vast majority of them wouldn't know what a Jubilee was never mind that it just happened.

Wherever you like.

Leave it with me.

That's incorrect.

Do you have solid figures that back up why that might be?