Striker Andy Little on lookout for new club

RANGERS ace Andy Little could spark an Ibrox exodus after admitting heâ??s now on the lookout for a new club.

The Northern Ireland star, 23, is out of contract and keen to discuss an extension with prospective owner Charles Green.

But Little, who scored five goals towards the end of last term, is losing patience and has told his agent to find him a move.

Little, who came through the ranks at Murray Park, scored in the 3-2 Old Firm victory over Celtic in March.

But, despite his rise to prominence under Ally McCoist last term, he accepts he may have to end his ties at Rangers after six years.

He told Record Sport: â??Iâ??m now looking elsewhere for a club. There hasnâ??t been much contact at all from Rangers.

â??I know there are so many problems and they have bigger things to sort out. But how long do I wait? Iâ??m effectively unemployed right now and I canâ??t hang around too long.

â??My agent is based in Manchester which is good for me because, if I do leave Rangers, Iâ??d be keen to move to an English club.

â??Hopefully Iâ??ll hear from Rangers soon but I have to keep my options open. If I have to leave Ibrox, itâ??ll be disappointing because Iâ??ve worked so hard to get into the team after all the injury trouble I had.

â??But this is still a job and a short career so I canâ??t hang around for ever.â?

Littleâ??s out-of-contract team-mates Sone Aluko, Salim Kerkar and David Healy are also still waiting to find out if theyâ??ll be offered new deals at Ibrox.

Big-name stars such as Allan McGregor, Steven Whittaker, Steven Davis, Kyle Lafferty and Steven Naismith all had clauses in their contracts which mean they are for sale at cut-down prices.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/04/rangers-in-crisis-striker-andy-little-on-lookout-for-new-club-as-he-admits-his-time-at-ibrox-could-be-up-86908-23884983/

I wasn't overly impressed with him before he featured again in the last few months of the season where, I thought, he did quite well when played up front.

Edited by Frankie

The lad's had his fair share of injury problems and when fit has struggled for a squad place. I agree with Frankie though that he looked good up front over the last couple of months of the season and given our shortage of options there we should really be looking at retaining his services.

It's worrying that the club haven't been in touch with our out of contract players. I would assume that Aluko is also still waiting to hear. Granted, the club isn't yet in a position to be offering terms, but you would think that with Green acting as though he's already taken over that some sort of contact could have been made to assure these players that they're still wanted and to arrange further discussion to take place in due course.

The point is that all players are being back at normal pay. They will sure see that all can be sealed and delivered soon now, while the transfer window's end is still nigh three months away.

Problem is that in the case of Little, Aluko, etc they're effectively unemployed. In their situation they can ill afford to wait until the last minute to try and find another club.

The point is that for out of contract players that we want to keep, CG needs to get in touch with the players & agents now to say so, even if that means arranging for the contract talks to commence in July.

The point is that for out of contract players that we want to keep, CG needs to get in touch with the players & agents now to say so, even if that means arranging for the contract talks to commence in July.

It can be done without Charles Green. I've been watching other clubs in administration give out new contracts etc, so there shouldn't be any need to wait either. Ally just needs to speak to the administrators and tell them that it's extremely important to get Aluko & Little signed ASAP, then assuming that the administrators give the ok Ally and Andrew Dickson arrange the meetings (or conference calls) with the players and their agents where they try their best to get them to sign or agree to sign when they're back in Glasgow. In Little's case I'd assume it could be done any time. In Aluko's case it should have been done before he went out to Africa although hopefully it won't be too late to start discussions with him. We should probably be looking to keep Kerkar too.