Very valid point...however in Healy's case, McCoist opted to use Jig rather than use Healy!!! Did the young lad McKay not get a nod before Healy??

Not saying its the right thing to do, but when your crying out for a striker/goalscorer, and you overlook the one you've got on the bench in favour of other options, its time to say bye bye!!!

Which meant that Healy was on the bench. The bench was decent. Get rid of guys like him and the bench turns into youth players. Which is fine if they're good enough, but our hit rate isn't great. And we seem to enjoy getting rid of promising youngsters.

Like I said on another thread Danny, I think Healy did a decent enough job for us when given the opportunity. However he's way past his best and wouldn't be getting anywhere near the amount of game time required to achieve a suitable level of match fitness.

Out of the four players, Healy is probably the only one that I think we should be holding off on until our situation regarding the transfer embargo and funding (or lack thereof) becomes clearer. Ideally we'd want to keep all four, but we've got to prioritise. If letting Healy go allows us to make Aluko an acceptable offer for instance...

Like I said on another thread Danny, I think Healy did a decent enough job for us when given the opportunity. However he's way past his best and wouldn't be getting anywhere near the amount of game time required to achieve a suitable level of match fitness.

Out of the four players, Healy is probably the only one that I think we should be holding off on until our situation regarding the transfer embargo and funding (or lack thereof) becomes clearer. Ideally we'd want to keep all four, but we've got to prioritise. If letting Healy go allows us to make Aluko an acceptable offer for instance...

Reasonable points but you're making an assumption about Healy not getting gametime. The guy has goals in him and honestly, while he's no Gabriel Batistuta, he can still do a job at a decent wage.

He also isn't the worst option to have on the bench. I just think he, along with the rest of our squad, really need to be retained because as thin as we are, we're not bringing in anyone else.

A lot of people absolutely missing or ignoring my point.

We're in administration, we're going to potentially lose players without being able to sign any new ones. So, right now, it doesn't matter if it's David Healy, Andrew Little, Salim Kerkar or Rab McLinchie from the reserves - keeping every player that we current have is a lot more important than the petty remarks about their ability.

It's horrible to say it, but we can't afford to be picky about what players we lose. We want to keep everything we can.

But then most folk ignore this and chirp on about their ability. Again and again.

Disagree with that bold bit and the bit after it. We will be able to sign players and getting players on considerable wages off our wage bill will further help stabilise us and in doing so enable Ally to strengthen the squad.

We don't want to keep everyone, you do.

How can one discuss football and ignore ability, player wise it is of paramount importance, and if we are paying out money we cannot afford on plays of limited ability then it is an important talking point for fans.

I think Fleck had the talent but lost confidence from being played out on the left. When was the last decent left winger/left midfielder we had? McCann? Albertz?

Neil McCann. It is incredible the length of time we have been starved of quality on the left, considering the amount of money we have spent on fees and wages since then.

Disagree with that bold bit and the bit after it. We will be able to sign players and getting players on considerable wages off our wage bill will further help stabilise us and in doing so enable Ally to strengthen the squad.

We don't want to keep everyone, you do.

How can one discuss football and ignore ability, player wise it is of paramount importance, and if we are paying out money we cannot afford on plays of limited ability then it is an important talking point for fans.

We will be able to sign players. Ok, explain how.

Fact of the matter is we don't know whether we'll be able to sign players or not. We won't know if we're allowed until the SFA punishment is decided and we won't know if we're able to until the clubs business structure becomes clearer.

At the moment it does look more likely that we'll lose players but even that's not certain. Obviously we don't want the squad size to reduce, but unfortunately that's outwith the clubs control atm.

We will be able to sign players. Ok, explain how.

If they are a bosman we will probably contact the players reps and request a meeting to discuss a possible move.

If they are at a club we will contact the club and enquire about availibility.

Fact of the matter is we don't know whether we'll be able to sign players or not. We won't know if we're allowed until the SFA punishment is decided and we won't know if we're able to until the clubs business structure becomes clearer.

At the moment it does look more likely that we'll lose players but even that's not certain. Obviously we don't want the squad size to reduce, but unfortunately that's outwith the clubs control atm.

It is not the squad size which needs cut, that could very well increase, it is the club running costs of which salaries will be the highest outgoing which needs reduced. Any player on wages over £15k - £20k per week will most likely have to go for us to balance the books.