Reasonable points but you're making an assumption about Healy not getting gametime. The guy has goals in him and honestly, while he's no Gabriel Batistuta, he can still do a job at a decent wage.

Every player has goals in them.

Which meant that Healy was on the bench. The bench was decent. Get rid of guys like him and the bench turns into youth players. Which is fine if they're good enough, but our hit rate isn't great. And we seem to enjoy getting rid of promising youngsters.

He may well have been on the bench, but he VERY rarely got on...other's being selected instead - often out of position!!!

It is not the squad size which needs cut, that could very well increase, it is the club running costs of which salaries will be the highest outgoing which needs reduced. Any player on wages over £15k - £20k per week will most likely have to go for us to balance the books.

I didn't say that the squad size needs cut. I just pointed out that if whatever punishment we're given results in us not being able to sign players then the squad's more likely to reduce than increase in size.

As for losing our high earners to balance the books, I think we'll possibly be able to hold on to 2 or 3 of them, but again that's just guesswork. It's easy enough to make assumptions of what needs to be on that front but there are plenty of variables...

Edited by UCF2008

I didn't say that the squad size needs cut. I just pointed out that if whatever punishment we're given results in us not being able to sign players then the squad's more likely to reduce than increase in size.

It doesnt have to though no matter what punishment we are given. It wont be a transfer ban, it has alreayd been established that punishment is illegal, has it not?

As for losing our high earners to balance the books, I think we'll possibly be able to hold on to 2 or 3 of them, but again that's just guesswork. It's easy enough to make assumptions of what needs to be on that front but there are plenty of variables...

I dont think we need a goalkeeper on nearly £30k a week to win the SPL nor do i think we can afford it. Nor for that matter do i think we need a right back on that sort of money either.

We are a terrific club with a very good turnover for the standard of football we play in.

It wont be a transfer ban, it has alreayd been established that punishment is illegal, has it not?

Suspension of our SFA membership would effectively keep the ban in place.

We are a terrific club with a very good turnover for the standard of football we play in.

I'd like to think that anyone taking over the running of the company from someone with the business skills of Craig Whyte, might be able to improve that turnover.

Suspension of our SFA membership would effectively keep the ban in place.

That is not going to happen.

I'd like to think that anyone taking over the running of the company from someone with the business skills of Craig Whyte, might be able to improve that turnover. I believe we are a sleeping giant and fully agree with you.

Any suspension would kill football as we know it in Scotland.

Any suspension would kill football as we know it in Scotland.

I hope they see it that way as well, but there's nothing to say that they couldn't impose a short term suspension that would have no effect on the rest of Scottish football - just us.

I hope they see it that way as well, but there's nothing to say that they couldn't impose a short term suspension that would have no effect on the rest of Scottish football - just us.

FFS! Don't give them any ideas!

Too late Zappa. Aidan O'Neill QC beat me to it in his response to Lord Glennie's verdict. Not sure that he had a short term ban in mind, but he was gibbering about a suspension affecting our ability to play pre-season friendlies which I think would have been the least of our worries if it was long term.