looks like liquidation.

Why did they accept 2p in £ for Portsmouth then ?

Has that gone through? What proportion of Portsmouth's debt was owed to HMRC? If they've okayed their CVA and blocked our's then something smells very rotten...

Sorry, to me it's totally HMRC. Murray took risks but he thought the EBT's were legal - and we could still win the case. All HMRC had to do was come for us after the first year - then if we'd have lost we'd have a bill for about £2.5m, paid it and never done it again. Even if we won we'd have probably seen it as too risky.

By doing nothing HMRC have racked up the bill to 30 times what it would have been. To me it's either negligence or entrapment.

I doubt there are many on here that have paid every penny of tax they are due in their lifetime - would you castigate yourselves as much as Murray if HMRC came after you with an inflated 100 grand bill? How about if the DVLA came after you for £180 for every time you went even a wee bit over the speed limit in the last 10 years if they found they had evidence of them all? Or the council for every time you parked a bit dodgy - like two wheels on a pavement or grass verge?

We're all guilty of slight dodgy stuff but how much do we think we should pay for our sins of the past 10 years especially when most of it has been treated as acceptable?

Sorry, to me it's totally HMRC. Murray took risks but he thought the EBT's were legal - and we could still win the case. All HMRC had to do was come for us after the first year - then if we'd have lost we'd have a bill for about £2.5m, paid it and never done it again. Even if we won we'd have probably seen it as too risky.

By doing nothing HMRC have racked up the bill to 30 times what it would have been. To me it's either negligence or entrapment.

I doubt there are many on here that have paid every penny of tax they are due in their lifetime - would you castigate yourselves as much as Murray if HMRC came after you with an inflated 100 grand bill? How about if the DVLA came after you for £180 for every time you went even a wee bit over the speed limit in the last 10 years if they found they had evidence of them all? Or the council for every time you parked a bit dodgy - like two wheels on a pavement or grass verge?

We're all guilty of slight dodgy stuff but how much do we think we should pay for our sins of the past 10 years especially when most of it has been treated as acceptable?

all the money we owe hmrc is money whyte should have paid.

My gut feeling is the newco asset sale will go through but the Green group will sell quickly (probably before the start of the season) to another group for £8-10million.