looks like liquidation.

Guest govansw1
It appears HMRC have not ruled out the possibility of a CVA at all but just the one proposed, or am I reading that wrong?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/rangers.htm

The CVA is gone.

The Tax man see's a better return for the taxpayer by going after those responsible.

We miss out on Europe for 3 years and Div.3 /SPL with sanctions.

That's just nonsense.

Anybody else would have tried to run us as a football club something Craig Whyte never even attempted to do. There would have been no Ticketus deal without Craig Whyte our PAYE and NIC's would have been paid by anybody else but Craig Whyte.

Of course it's nonsense to you - it's totally in your MO. You do this every time without ever explaining yourself, defending your pontifications with the slightest reasoning or even acknowledging the bleedin' obvious. It's really tedious - especially from someone who claims to have insider knowledge.

Funnily enough, you come across like you have no knowledge of our £18m debt repayable to Lloyds which was the reason behind the Ticketus deal and the fact that the shortfall would have had to be given or borrowed by the owner and the small tax bill too.

Whyte did not take over a club in good order where you could just run it as a football club, pay the bills and tax and everything would be just fine... Are you suffering from amnesia or something? You always seem to be on some different, obscure page from everyone else.

If it was that easy, we'd have had people queuing up to buy Rangers in front of Whyte - and also Murray wouldn't have had the pressure to sell.

In cases like this, money is not created or destroyed, it just changes hands - for every loss there is a gain. Ticketus and HMRC were the biggest losers and if it wasn't them, it would have to be someone else.

Funnily enough, you come across like you have no knowledge of our £18m debt repayable to Lloyds which was the reason behind the Ticketus deal and the fact that the shortfall would have had to be given or borrowed by the owner and the small tax bill too.

The £18m term loan was not on onerous terms and was not delinquent it was not the reason for our demise.

Guest Guardian

How does the taxman see a better return from liquidation and going after those responsible ?

I'm intrigued by this as it implies they are chasing Whyte, Murray and the old board for the cash.

This could be very interesting.

The £18m term loan was not on onerous terms and was not delinquent it was not the reason for our demise.

Was it not the bank that forced the sale of the club? The 18 Million had to be paid off which craig whyte did via ticketus? Seems to me it played a big part in this demise.

Was it not the bank that forced the sale of the club? The 18 Million had to be paid off which craig whyte did via ticketus? Seems to me it played a big part in this demise.

You seriously think we would be where we are today if Craig Whyte hasn't arrived on the scene?

You seriously think we would be where we are today if Craig Whyte hasn't arrived on the scene?

Yes I do, I don't believe for a second we are winning the big tax case and it would have inevitably led to this regardless. That is just my opinion mind you.

If you want one reason for our demise, it was the threat of a £75m tax bill. The rest followed on from there. The reports then suggest that Lloyds wanted to reduce its exposure and forced the sale. They weren't confident of getting their money back if HMRC won the big tax case - which would have put us pretty much the same position we are now but with HMRC as an even bigger creditor and Lloyds second.

Whyte was just like a pre-emtive strike which hasn't worked out for the best - except for Lloyds.