I don't think the players were - it was more the agents and, as usual, the players were happy for them to act.

The guys did a great thing taking a short term pay loss but they're not going to sacrifice their careers and I wouldn't expect them to.

agreed Frankie. I think people need to prepare themselves here its going to be carnage.

I think the players have been fantastic for the last few months and I for one cannot blame any of them for leaving. Naismith is a top player and a top guy who deserves to make the best of his career. I do not think it is appropriate to start looking for reasons to bad mouth him now. There are plenty outside of our club who will do that. He is for me one of the Rangers family and we should not forget that.

By the looks of it, a good few people will leave the club now, especially the younger ones and those with international ambitions or being internationals right now. If we were to go to Div 3, it will be youngsters and a some hardened diehards ... or simply people who want to immortalize themselves with the support. We might see the return of a Gattuso or Novo, McCulloch staying on too. Retaining SPL status would not necessarily see as vast an exodus, since we are still a prime place for players to actually win something - and no, a title will not be "worthless" because we don't go into Europe.

Of course, this was just the first hurdle. The SFA and/or SPL could still decide on funny penalties and embargos, which could well push us over the edge for years to come. But as I said before, there is only so much a Rangers supporter would bear. This is not a Motherwell, Dundee or Gretna, with a few dozen or hundred fans possibly getting annoyed. Even if we only have 1% of people amongst our support going to extreme retaliation measures, well ...