EBTs: Rangers have 'case to answer'

I suppose this is all about the legal semantics. Do the supposed discretionary loans count as contractual payments? Do the alleged side-letters have any bearing on this? Hopefully we can answer this case satisfactorily. Otherwise SDM had better get himself some racing tyres.

Edited by Thinker

Does anyone know what the supposed side letters say?

I heard The Sun printed one but I never saw it.

the one in the sun said fuck all of note.

something like we run an ebt let us know if you want to use it.

Edited by the gunslinger

Why did the BHEASTS escape SPL investigation and punishment?

Have any other Scottish football clubs been involved with EBT schemes?

BBC Scotland Investigates wrote to all of the Scottish Premier League's member clubs and asked whether they had ever operated an EBT scheme.

Celtic confirmed that it established one EBT scheme in April 2005, which BBC Scotland understands was for the benefit of the Brazilian midfielder Juninho Paulista. The scheme was worth £765,000 but the club did not declare the trust payment to the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish Premier League.

The payments made to the trust were declared in Celtic's annual report for 2004/2005, but in 2008 the club became aware of an event giving rise to a potential tax liability which was subsequently paid after agreement with HMRC.

The remaining 10 SPL clubs replied and confirmed they had never set up an EBT scheme for any of their employees.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169502

the one in the sun said fuck all of note.

something lime we run an ent let us know if you want to use it.

Which makes me wonder where is the proof?

All we seem to be getting is unsubstantiated claptrap. If the "smoking gun" was out there I feel certain we would have seen it by now especially with everything else that is out there already.

Even the article in the Record about Stefan Klos's contract from what I could see everything the Daly programme alleged was in his contract. Allbeit the Record printed only a section from it but even so.

We should all realise by now that the whole purpose of this SPL investigation by Celtic's solicitors Harper McLeod isn't whether there were dual contracts or not. It's aim is to find an excuse to try & strip SPL titles from us.

We must be prepared to go back to the court of session no matter how many times it takes to show these parasites we mean business.

So by the looks of it, the solicitor who works for Celtic and the SPL has seen the evidence and deems it worthy of another and deeper investigation, since it may have broken the guidelines? That's what "prima facie" means?

As I wrote in the other thread, if it was used as double-contract, what sort of punishment could they actually hand out? WOuldn't that be checking the evidence for every single player and every single case? Would that open the door for investigations of EBT use by Celtic too? No matter whether tax was paid to HMRC for it or not, for this doesn't matter if it is a double-contract. Speaking of which ... weren't loads of Scum players and TLB themselves not having payments made from/into that strange film business? Does that come into play here?

Just looking for a level playing field.