Possible sanctions for SFA ratification of newco

I,m absolutely positive punishment isn,t retrepsctive

They could argue that the penalty is due to the conclusion of investigations started during the season.

Since the new season hasn't started it's not really that much different to Falkirk being denied entry into the SPL and Motherwell avoiding relegation after the season had concluded in 2003.

Guest Bluenose80
how does transfer embargo suspended for a year work?

does it only kick in if we newco again?

That was for bringing the game into disrepute because of Shyte's tax dodging, As long we don't bring the game into disrepute again we're ok except that the SFA seem to change what it means on a daily basis when it comes to us.

Edited by Bluenose80
mistype

In my opinion the SFA cannot "demote" us to SFL1 unless the SPL and the SFL are first combined.

I would imagine the SFA and SPL boards have been in discussions over delegation of sanctions with regard to all the charges against us in the event that we get voted back into the SPL and they don't manage to complete the league merger in time.

Guest Oso de Campo

[1st post - be gentle! Fed up with "other" Gers forums :)]

In terms of the sanctions available, a lot of them don't make a lot of sense to me, even as a punishment.

SPL entry with points deduction - as we are inelegible for participation in UEFA competition we would not be stopping another club's entry into Europe. It would probably need to be about 30 points to stop entry into the top6 post-split.

I am certain prize money with be withheld to pay "oldco" football creditors anyway.

As for Celtc, it is only genuine competition that will sell their STs and league match tickets. Whilst they are salivating about our fall from grace, they will not spend their giro money for no reason. If they fail to get into the CL, and their SPL gates drop, it will be hard for them to sustain their wage bill. Making it harder to qualify for the CL in future years.

SFL1/SPL2 - Without league reconstruction, a complete no-goer. The option with least "sporting integrity" as the only motive is to protect the potential 2013/14 Sky deal.

Scottish Cup ban - Hurts the competition more than it punishes Rangers. Most home ties result in a loss for Rangers based on a 50/50 gate split. I personally think they could be very clever with this one. They could argue that as we have no Europe, and as a result of the share transfer, we should start in Round 1. That would bring a hell of a lot of publicity, and possibly 2 notewothy ties. Drawing Spartans or Raith Rovers would be interesting though!!!

1 year suspension - the "nuclear" option. I could be wrong, I just dont think they have the minerals to try it.

Not agreeing to the share transfer - This would make us a new club effectively, and all retrospective punishments are taken off the table. I think some in the game feel the need for punishment is more important than other considerations.

SFL3 - Unless its SPL with no points deduction, then this the only way forward.

It's Div1 everything points to it and Regan/Liewell will get everybody onside including Longmuir. It's the best option for everybody, there's no way we will stay in the SPL without points deductions and that's a deal breaker for me what's the point of playing in something you can't win it's stupid. The cup ban surprises me tho didn't think they would go that far and the suspended embargo is just childish.

Once we are out of this, we should actually appeal to UEFA with regard to the 3-year rule (it is no "ban"). We've been newco'ed because of the misdeeds of one villain, even though people may argue about the EBTs, they were not the reason for us being in admin or newco'ed at the time. What would have happened is history. UEFA's "new club" rule is to fend off oil magnates and sheikhs whipping up teams out of nothing, pumping money into them and challenge the "traditional greats" (as if UEFA would care for names, but anyway) for European glory. And once the sheikhs et al lose interest, the clubs go bust and competition in Europe is essentially useless. IMHO, we have a good chance to appeal to UEFA and ask for a shorter ban, as Rangers the FC never ceased to exist.

On a sidenote, we were newco'ed because of non-payment of TAX and PAYE. The Spanish big guns have done so for years and the current Europa League winner is 130m in the red, much of which is unpaid tax and player insurance. If UEFA let this stand and those tax dodgers play, they are applying double standards. There sure would be some European Law against that ...

Edited by der Berliner

Roll on that day.

I for one won't have much stomach left for more fights by then, though. Need a period of recovery.

My energy for the fight with the SPL, SFA et al is pretty much dead.

Regardless of what league we are in, what sanctions we have to suffer, I actually want to get back to just watching my club play football. And defending itself going forward as it should. The historic stuff I just dont have the energy for anymore.