Possible sanctions for SFA ratification of newco

Been told tonight of the informed sanctions that are going to be placed upon us for the SFA to ratify our newco application.

1. Demotion to 1st division

2. 1 year ban from Scottish cup

3. Transfer embargo suspended for 1 year ,

Problems are the timing , the SFA are quite literally crapping themselves as they are up against it time wise , to get these through they need the support of the SFL.

The EBT is also causing a major headache , certain clubs want us hammered , but as has been pointed out the sentences for a newco are not straight forward , or at least not as straight forward as the SPL believed .

Take of this what you will , just passing it on in good faith.

I fail to see the point in No. 3 as well.

As the SFL boss has said, there would be problems if Rangers are not accepted into the SPL. Any new applicant would start as any newbie, in Div 3. They will not want someone else have a say in their domain, much like the SPl, EPL, or Championship would.

Maybe Green buys Partick Thistle and their share, we kick them out and go on from there?

Is it just me or is that a reasonably sane compromise?

I guess the suspended transfer embargo would be to give us time to stabilise our squad? Or, maybe no signings if we're promoted first attempt?

I think that point 3 is a get out , and I also agree that there are hugh problems trying to get the SFL on side , time is very much the enemy for all parties concerned ,even though they should have been working on plans since Feb 14th

In my opinion re-entry into the SPL with a points deduction would be the most fair form of punishment. Like I was saying in another thread though, if they want to demote us to the 1st division then they don't need SFL approval. They could give us re-entry to the SPL with a 50pt deduction from last seasons campaign and demote us in place of Dunfermline.

The Scottish Cup ban is one that would have been accepted. A number of fans may have boycotted the Scottish Cup out of spite in any case. However, if we're demoted to the 1st division it represents further loss in finance, sponsorship exposure and gives the players another trophy less to play for.

The transfer embargo one is just the SFA being pig headed and insisting that one way or another their initial unlawful punishment will stand. What sort of players are we supposed to attract to the 1st division? It might as well be a 2 year embargo ffs.

In my opinion re-entry into the SPL with a points deduction would be the most fair form of punishment. Like I was saying in another thread though, if they want to demote us to the 1st division then they don't need SFL approval. They could give us re-entry to the SPL with a 50pt deduction from last seasons campaign and demote us in place of Dunfermline.

The Scottish Cup ban is one that would have been accepted. A number of fans may have boycotted the Scottish Cup out of spite in any case. However, if we're demoted to the 1st division it represents further loss in finance, sponsorship exposure and gives the players another trophy less to play for.

The transfer embargo one is just the SFA being pig headed and insisting that one way or another their initial unlawful punishment will stand. What sort of players are we supposed to attract to the 1st division? It might as well be a 2 year embargo ffs.

I,m absolutely positive punishment isn,t retrepsctive

In my opinion the SFA cannot "demote" us to SFL1 unless the SPL and the SFL are first combined, which is something that they are, of course, pursuing at the moment.

Actually it is a good argument to combine the Leagues.

However, the SFL Clubs will fight tooth and nail against that, especially those who stand to gain most if Rangers are forced into SFL3, namely those in the second and third division.

I am sure you have a good source rbr but remember the case will be heard by an independent tribunal and as has been seen recently the SFA don't always get what they want out of that route!

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Playing in the SPL next season with a points deduction plays right into Celtic's hands. It hands them title on a plate. It's what liewell wants.Would SKY TV & sponsors be happy with that too for that matter?

We need to play hardball with these people. If we're in SPL its no points deduction. Our titles aren't negotiable either. They were won fair & square on the pitch.If not we play in first division for a couple of seasons. They (SPL that is) lose their SKY TV contract. We hit them hard for revenge for what we've endured these past few months.

Remember too we've no Europe for 3 seasons so Celtic finishing 2nd isn't too disasterous as they'd get CL place regardless where we finish.

I hope Green is prepared to take the Regans, Lawwells,Doncasters etc to a dark place. Ultimately that'll decide how successful he is at our club

Edited by RANGERRAB