I think most people on here would agree 100%. Unfortunately we're just a small minority of the support.

I'm glad you mentioned that actually.

It should be noted that this rant wasn't aimed at anyone on here. For the most part, it seems my views on here are shared by the majority.

I for one don't want to see PLG go, as i think he will get it right, but as i said in anthoer post, once again you have to blame the players for the most part and question thier application and desire for the jersey.

I can't believe how a very good start to the season turned into a nightmare so quickly. We were aggressive, passionate, fully committed and full of confidence.

Our new saviour had seemingly figured out what the SPL was all about and had sent the troops out on to the battlefield with clear instruction and exciting tactics....HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO. The nightmare of last season fading into the dark reaches of our memory.

Only a couple of defensive lapses stopped us from reaching for the bubbly and chanting out, CHAMPIONIES, CHAMP...oh you know how it goes!

BANG! 3 months later we're playing like a bunch of bungling amateurs who've just met for the first time. The manager looks as if he's not slept for weeks and a percentage(not sure how much) of the fans want him out. Straight from a STEPHEN KING novel or what.

You could blame the sudden loss of form on injuries to key players. Sionko, Burkey, Martin and Fergie still not back from a pre season op. Without the services of 4 creative players, would be a stuggle for any team. We can't blame it on this though. The form of the first 3 was average/poor to say the least in the games leading up to the injuries. Even Fergies return to full fitness and obvious qualities have not been enough for us to back to any sort of acceptable form, hence the shocking run of results(domestic).

Then what is the reason?

Here's my take on it. We've taken our foot off the gas. We are no longer as aggressive as we need to be. We are much less committed with and without the ball. The players look unsure of themselves and each other and some of the players lack of genuine quality has been exposed. Therefore the confidence has been ripped form every individual and more importantly, the team.

I was only ever an amateur player, but it's plainly obvious to me that PLG panicked with the loss of a few sloppy goals(although still playing well IMO)and to combat this problem he reverted back to a more controlled type of game plan. More patient possession of the ball, full backs less committed to going forward and a lesser tempo to try and ensure that the structure of the team was there at all times. Rather than letting the players to continue to express themselves, enjoy themselves and basically GET STUCK IN.

We are now allowing teams to come onto us at pace, therefore putting even more pressure on our defence. We're trying to pass our way through teams without putting any real pressure on them. Not forcing them to defend while facing their own goal. Everything that plauged our last season has been allowed to come back by PLG. A European style game if you will.

I'm afraid that style doesn't cut it in the SPL. Certainly not with the quality of the squad we have at this moment in time. I believe a return to our early season tactics will see us improve, get a string of positive results and move clearly into 2nd spot and who knows....move a little closer to the scum(here's hoping)

So for me it's at least until the end of the season for Le Gaffer. Then if no clear improvement has been achieved. I'm afraid a decision will have to be made.......THE CRY WAS NO SURRENDER.

Let's give him to the end of the season but I think he should be fined one weeks wages for every draw and three weeks for every loss. The money can go to the transfer kitty.

Right now I think he owes us out of his savings as his fine would now be about 20 weeks wages.

Perhaps we should do the same for every player and our transfer kitty wouldn't look so bad - in fact I think we'd have about 6M quid.

Guest kplfishtank

remember 30,000 west ham fans sang for alan pardew after 8 defeats in a row .back plg all the way lets sing his name from all the stands tmro and show him what being manager of glasgow rangers really means and why wee are the greatest fans and club in the world

Playing Devils abvocate here, but what has PLG done to inspire / derserve our continued support? We have more problems than we had last season and lets not forget that PLG got DVD's of all our games, so he knew where our problems lay. He can not communicate in English, that is despite knowing the he was coming to Scotland 6 months prior to his appointment (that is about 1 year ago).

His formations, subsitutes, signings all leave a lot to be desired (and that is putting it kindly). There is ZERO sign of improvement, those who say there is are deluding themselves. We are THREE points off being 9th in the SPL and lost at home to St Johnstone on Wednesday - the only shock about that result was that it wasn't a surprise to many Rangers fans, myself included.

Support comes at a price, it isn't something that we should give blindly - that is exactly what David Murray is counting on. Now, I am not saying that PLG should be sacked, but I do think that his situation should be reviewed at Xmas - what happens (God forbid) this form continues and we are in the bottom 6 - how much longer do we give him????

As for giving him money, I wouldn't - his signings so far have been rank rotten.

Cammy F

I appreciate you giving an opposing view, always good to see both sides.

And to be completely honest, if come Christmas, Rangers.. Rangers for God's sake.. are in the bottom 6.. Then would the Le Guen supporters like myself truly have any legs to stand on? Doubtful.

My main line of thinking is that we tried for so long to sign this man with a great pedigree, and like someone said earlier on, you don't become a bad manager overnight. There's a LOT of adjusting to be done in the first few months at a new club, let alone one in a new country, but that excuse will only get you so far.

I really do believe that he's the right man to take us forward. But perhaps I'm just thinking that because it sickens me to the pit of my stomach that we were having these kind of conversations about McLeish no less than 6 months ago.

As a Rangers fan, the talk of sacking a manager/who could come in should be a discussion that rarely takes place, and it propping up again so quickly just.. I dunno, hurts..

I agree that mistakes are being made Cammy. Surely we must give him time to learn from these mistakes, make the necessary changes and get us back on track again.

IMO he at least he deserves that. For no other reason than he had the balls to take such a tough job. Poor Squad, very little money and a lying f****r of a boss.

nokiss - I did state that I was playing devils advocate and that I wasn't calling for him to be sacked just now - all I said was that we are worse than we were last season, there is no sign of improvement and that he can hardly speak a word of English...

But one thing that PLG and Rangers haven't got is time - let me reiterate - we are only 3 points ahead of 9th place in the SPL, we were humbled by St Johnstone on Wednesday, the worst result in our history since Berwick. Who much longer do we give him? I'll rephrase that, how much longer can we afford to give him if nothing improves?

Do we shrug off being 9th in the SPL? Do we shrug off being in the bottom six after the split (as on current form thats where we are heading)? Do we shurg off no European football next season just so PLG gets 'time'?

IMO, the clock is ticking and its ticking fast.

Cammy F

Cammy F