More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

If their T&C's are protected by TUPE then the only reason to leave is the uncertainty over which League/Division we will be playing in. That will be decided within the next two weeks or a little longer, so what's the rush? There would be plenty of time to arrange transfers thereafter.

When the players agreed to take wage cuts earlier this year they renegotiated their contracts to allow them to leave for reduced values. That was a sensible quid pro quo and meant that the Club would still get some transfer value for them should they leave.

"What is happening now is that the players want to leave for nothing, thereby denying the Club any transfer value at all. At the same time, players who are ready to breach their contracts want to secure handsome signing on fees for other clubs, while Rangers get nothing. Charles Green Statement.

The answer to my own question came to me when I was cutting the grass!

If the players report back for training and/or accept the full wage on the 28th almost certainly they would be held to have accepted the transfer to newco. By making it abundantly clear through lawyers' letters etc that they are not doing so; they greatly strengthen their own positions.

Whilst I think it is clear that they ARE leaving; it is possible that they are only setting out negotiating positions with newco. For example, let's say that newco was to offer to compensate them for their recent losses say by increasing their wages over the remainder of their contracts, would they still leave?

Dear Player,

I'm Charles Green I now own you, report for training next Thursday so I can sell you and make some money for my 20 investors.

Charles Green

CEO Sevo 5088

Dear Steven,

We are going to have to ask you to once again help Rangers in it's hour of need. We have to ask yourself and a number of other players to refuse to transfer over to the new company as part of some very severe cost cutting measures urgently required because of the size of the current wage bill. We invite you to come to a meeting at Ibrox tomorrow along with your representatives to discuss this matter and allow everyone to get their stories straight.

Yours sincerely,

Charles Green

CEO Sevco 5088

Dear Steven,

We are going to have to ask you to once again help Rangers in it's hour of need. We have to ask yourself and a number of other players to refuse to transfer over to the new company as part of some very severe cost cutting measures urgently required because of the size of the current wage bill. We invite you to come to a meeting at Ibrox tomorrow along with your representatives to discuss this matter and allow everyone to get their stories straight.

Yours sincerely,

Charles Green

CEO Sevco 5088

Aye let's all blame Green it's never the money grabbing backstabbing Prima Donna not as good as they think they are footballer.

Aye let's all blame Green it's never the money grabbing backstabbing Prima Donna not as good as they think they are footballer.

I'm not actually blaming Green though Allan. I'm trying to illustrate that we don't necessarily know that we're getting the truth about all this. The key to what's going on could be what was in those emails and the players could have been asked to spin us a story in order to keep the peace, safeguard season ticket renewals etc. We just don't know.

Of course, the emails could be irrelevant. They could just have been asking the players to attend Monday's meeting, but I can't see why that would prompt the players' agents/reps to have a meeting with Green & co on Friday.

Let's see if any club actually signs any of them, bearing in mind Green says he'll pursue this thro'courts. This could take months. if Green wins Clubs signing these players could effectively have played inelligible players leading to all sorts of issues. Are clubs willing to take that risk?

Edited by RANGERRAB

I'm not actually blaming Green though Allan. I'm trying to illustrate that we don't necessarily know that we're getting the truth about all this. The key to what's going on could be what was in those emails and the players could have been asked to spin us a story in order to keep the peace, safeguard season ticket renewals etc. We just don't know.

Of course, the emails could be irrelevant. They could just have been asking the players to attend Monday's meeting, but I can't see why that would prompt the players' agents/reps to have a meeting with Green & co on Friday.

Far enough mate but I think your clutching, they are going for one reason, the agent has told them how much money they will/might get, for me it's that simple. And of course his cut is all the bigger.

Everyone has been praising the players for taking a wage cut but i have never seen it this way, if it had been unconditional yes. These players will make 10 times what they lost in wages with signing on fees. This has been my biggest criticism of D@P, they have wiped millions off our squad value. When we went into administration the high earners, Mcgregger, Whitts, Davis etc should have been moved on to make the necessary savings instead. Why did we need a 10M goalkeeper when the league was gone, Alexander would have sufficed. Im pretty sure if they had asked the 3 or 4 highest earners to walk then, they would have because they would have been free to get their big signing on fee. We must be the only club that has went into admin and not shed any staff.