More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

another name was given to me who's in the same boat I think that was it but I am not sure.

Apparently our under-19 squad hasn't got a lot of potential but our 16 & 17-year-olds are on a different level. It's important we keep hold of these promising players.

Southampton have targeted Steven Naismith with West Brom, West Ham and Everton.

Turkish sides Bursaspor and Besiktas are keen on Mo Edu and Kirk Broadfoot respectively, although the pair have yet to confirm they want to leave.

Reports in Turkey last night also linked keeper Allan McGregor, another whose Gers future is uncertain, with Besiktas.

Vancouver Whitecaps believe they can land Carlos Bocanegra.

And Houston Dynamo have confirmed they are keen on Sone Aluko — as SunSport revealed yesterday — after he told Green he won’t transfer to Sevco 5088, along with Naismith, Steven Whittaker and Rhys McCabe.

Kyle Lafferty will also inform the club in writing this week that he wants to leave.

Other stars are sure to follow and spark a frantic fight to sign them up on free transfers.

Premier League new boys Southampton — who were already keen on Gers skipper Steve Davis — are now interested in Naisy and John Fleck.

Scotland cap Broadfoot has attracted interest from Besiktas, along with FC Copenhagen and Cypriot side Anorthosis Famagusta.

Broadfoot, 28, has been offered big-money deals by all three teams. But he has told them he will be going nowhere with so much uncertainty still at Ibrox. Losing key players is the last thing Green needs as the Ibrox crisis deepens.

Gers will kick off next term outside the SPL after half a dozen rivals confirmed they will not vote them in.

Hearts, Dundee United and Hibs had already said no to the newco.

The Dons and Caley will also snub Green’s bid, along with Saints, as SunSport exclusively revealed on Saturday.

With Gers failing to get the eight votes required to join the SPL, they’ll now try to join the SFL ahead of their kick-off on August 11.

SFL chief David Longmuir will chair a meeting today as they look at ways of accommodating Gers in Division Three or Division One.

SPL clubs will gather without Gers on Thursday to decide whether Dundee or Dunfermline will take their top-flight place.

Green met with PFA Scotland yesterday for talks on the dispute over players walking away.

Union chief Fraser Wishart said: “We both acknowledged that while we disagree on the fundamental issues surrounding our members’ rights to object to the transfer to the newco, we can at the same time respect the other party’s position and allow the process to flow without acrimony.”

At least Broadfoot would be guaranteed a game for sure (you listening Ally?)...if we can have 10 Broadfoot's and a Jig on the park next season then we'll skoosh the 3rd division...same for the following season and the season after that, (although by that time Jig will be surely done)

I just cant understand why the players wouldnt make an agreement to transfer there contract to newco but be allowed to move at the first offer giving the newco a platform of income to then buy new players. They must be thinking about their signing on fee at next club.

In the unlikely event we applied for Englands leagues I wonder how many of them would have annouced they arent transferring to newco.

This instance proves the lifeblood of a club is the fans...it will be the 1000s of Rangers fans who continue to support and fund the next generation. There is a few to be ex players who wont be welcomed to Ibrox in the future IMO.

Why have all parties involved not acted sooner to clarify the legal / football position?

We can't afford their wages anyway, so the big earners were always going to leave, but I'd assumed that Green would have agreed an exit route with them that allowed both club and player to benefit (ie transfer over and you can go for the fee negotiated during administration, or perhaps even a little less).

I also can't help feeling that the players have been poorly advised on this - it'll be them that end up having to make Webster style payments for breech of contract if a court finds in favour of the club, but the agents will have pocketed their fees and won't be handing any of it back.

As for the players - I'm far more disappointed in the "we owe no loyalty to newco" comments than in their actions.

Edited by Mountain Bear
Typo