Oh dear Steven Naismith

I don't think he would've no and that only makes it worse for me. I think he would have played for Smith but will not for Green. The club would still be the same no matter who it was under just one is obviously more trusted and loved than the other.

Okay I agree, I think he would've too. Now the question I have is why he doesn't trust Green or want to play for him? It might be purely down to not knowing him but I don't think it is, if the coaching staff, the backroom people, the cleaners, kitchen staff and so on are the same what's changed? The answer is Green and his team. If someone like Naismith decides he wants nothing to do with him, knowing he'd get a lot of stick for it, then something is wrong. I guess that's my point in all of this.

We should heed the warnings, we've been bad at seeing them in the past.

2 points, the Walter group was a rubbish and not a real bid. Also, yes anybody that owns and runs Rangers in Div 1 or 3 would have to have sold these players.

The players are doing this for them and money, nothing else.

Money is certainly a motivation, I disagree it is the only one though. Whether the Walter bid was serious or not isn't the point, the point is Naismith doesn't want anything to do with Green. That should concern us.

Okay, do you think Naismith would have done this if Walter Smith's group had taken control of Rangers? It's hypothetical but important in understanding some of the motivation here. I don't think Naismith is purely motivated by greed here.

Yes, yes I do.

This is purely a career decision, and Naismith is being a weasel trying to make it out as anything else.

Money is certainly a motivation, I disagree it is the only one though. Whether the Walter bid was serious or not isn't the point, the point is Naismith doesn't want anything to do with Green. That should concern us.[/QUOTE]

Bollox, the same bollox you get everyday on ff mate.

They have left because of money, they could have stayed a week or so to see what was happning.

Yes, yes I do.

This is purely a career decision, and Naismith is being a weasel trying to make it out as anything else.

In which case we need to agree to disagree, i'm unlikely to change your mind.

Okay I agree, I think he would've too. Now the question I have is why he doesn't trust Green or want to play for him? It might be purely down to not knowing him but I don't think it is, if the coaching staff, the backroom people, the cleaners, kitchen staff and so on are the same what's changed? The answer is Green and his team. If someone like Naismith decides he wants nothing to do with him, knowing he'd get a lot of stick for it, then something is wrong. I guess that's my point in all of this.

We should heed the warnings, we've been bad at seeing them in the past.

I get where you're coming from and not many trust Green but I still find it a poor statement from both of them yesterday which is the main reason they are getting stick. I don't know who advised them but it could have been put much better and showed them in a much better light.

I hear there's only 16,000 season tickets renewed and that accounts for 9,000 who are on DD and haven't paid yet (if the posters on FF have their figures right :) ). That's down 22,000 from last year.

Money is certainly a motivation, I disagree it is the only one though. Whether the Walter bid was serious or not isn't the point, the point is Naismith doesn't want anything to do with Green. That should concern us.[/QUOTE]

Bollox, the same bollox you get everyday on ff mate.

They have left because of money, they could have stayed a week or so to see what was happning.

I disagree, Naismith has shown in the past, when he left Kilmarnock waiving a payment to ensure the move went through as we struggled to meet the fee, that he isn't only motivated by money.

I don't think they could have stayed a week or so, after Thursday their destiny is no longer completely their own as I understand it.

I think most of us would have made a similar decision if faced with the circumstances Rangers are in.

You can argue that he could have at least transferred to the newco, if only so that the club can receive a fee for him moving on, but why would he trust Green? Because Green would be the one determining whether or not to accept a bid.

Sure there's potential financial benefits for some of the players in terms of signing on fees. Some of them may also get higher wages. But I tend to take what Naisy says at face value. He has always come across as a decent and genuine guy. I'm not happy he is leaving but I can at least accept why he is making his choice.