Oh dear Steven Naismith

Maybe you aren't as close to it as he is.

What is he meant to know that we don't?

This isn't a business or technical issue. For all I know the record books will insist on the 'no history' stuff, but it's up to the fans to not accept that.

Hang on, both these players took a substantial pay cut to help the club. I've already explained why I think they don't want their registrations transfered over.

I've no issues at all with you having lost some respect for them, that's seems a pretty fair comment.

Well done to them and rightly so they all got plaudits at the time but that will probably be forgotten by this (fans are very fickle and unforgiven as we pay good money to watch rich players remember), but they did also renegotiate their contracts to leave us at a cheaper transfer value and by doing so covered themselves for their loss as they will/can get a bigger signing on fee and/or wages instead.

As I mentioned they have taken BIG wages from us whilst being out injured for long spells so to want some loyalty back is not much to ask is it especially for someone who says he loves the club. It could have been handled so much better.

What is he meant to know that we don't?

This isn't a business or technical issue. For all I know the record books will insist on the 'no history' stuff, but it's up to the fans to not accept that.

I imagine he knows plenty that we don't, or ever will. His view of Rangers is based on all his experiences with the club, just like you and me. Unlike you and me his experiences include having played at the club, he knew us before Whye, during Whyte, with Duff & Phelps and now with Green. That he thinks what he does should serve as some sort of warning to us. Naismith isn't an enemy of Rangers.

I imagine he knows plenty that we don't, or ever will. His view of Rangers is based on all his experiences with the club, just like you and me. Unlike you and me his experiences include having played at the club, he knew us before Whye, during Whyte, with Duff & Phelps and now with Green. That he thinks what he does should serve as some sort of warning to us. Naismith isn't an enemy of Rangers.

The only warning that comes out of it is that basically no player can be trusted.

Well done to them and rightly so they all got plaudits at the time but that will probably be forgotten by this (fans are very fickle and unforgiven as we pay good money to watch rich players remember), but they did also renegotiate their contracts to leave us at a cheaper transfer value and by doing so covered themselves for their loss as they will/can get a bigger signing on fee and/or wages instead.

As I mentioned they have taken BIG wages from us whilst being out injured for long spells so to want some loyalty back is not much to ask is it especially for someone who says he loves the club. It could have been handled so much better.

Okay, do you think Naismith would have done this if Walter Smith's group had taken control of Rangers? It's hypothetical but important in understanding some of the motivation here. I don't think Naismith is purely motivated by greed here.

The only warning that comes out of it is that basically no player can be trusted.

Nearly, no player can be expected to think like a fan. At least not all of the time.

Okay, do you think Naismith would have done this if Walter Smith's group had taken control of Rangers? It's hypothetical but important in understanding some of the motivation here. I don't think Naismith is purely motivated by greed here.

2 points, the Walter group was a rubbish and not a real bid. Also, yes anybody that owns and runs Rangers in Div 1 or 3 would have to have sold these players.

The players are doing this for them and money, nothing else.

I don't think he would've no and that only makes it worse for me. I think he would have played for Smith but will not for Green. The club would still be the same no matter who it was under just one is obviously more trusted and loved than the other.