Oh dear Steven Naismith

I think most of us would have made a similar decision if faced with the circumstances Rangers are in.

You can argue that he could have at least transferred to the newco, if only so that the club can receive a fee for him moving on, but why would he trust Green? Because Green would be the one determining whether or not to accept a bid.

Sure there's potential financial benefits for some of the players in terms of signing on fees. Some of them may also get higher wages. But I tend to take what Naisy says at face value. He has always come across as a decent and genuine guy. I'm not happy he is leaving but I can at least accept why he is making his choice.

So you also believe Rangers are dead?

I think most of us would have made a similar decision if faced with the circumstances Rangers are in.

You can argue that he could have at least transferred to the newco, if only so that the club can receive a fee for him moving on, but why would he trust Green? Because Green would be the one determining whether or not to accept a bid.

Sure there's potential financial benefits for some of the players in terms of signing on fees. Some of them may also get higher wages. But I tend to take what Naisy says at face value. He has always come across as a decent and genuine guy. I'm not happy he is leaving but I can at least accept why he is making his choice.

This just gets better and better. Not aimed at you mate, but since this nws has brook we have had Green being accussed of both forcing the players to stay and forceing them to go.

Also he has been accussed of forceing them to go to get the wage bill down, now we cant blame the players for going as Green might not sell them???

So could the anti-Green people please work out what it is to be? He cant be doing them all.

I disagree, Naismith has shown in the past, when he left Kilmarnock waiving a payment to ensure the move went through as we struggled to meet the fee, that he isn't only motivated by money.

I don't think they could have stayed a week or so, after Thursday their destiny is no longer completely their own as I understand it.

The same Naismith that played celtic against Rangers at the time to get more wages? Some of our fans live in a fantasy world.

The same Naismith that played celtic against Rangers at the time to get more wages? Some of our fans live in a fantasy world.

Celtic approached Naismith through an intermediary to see if he would be interested in signing for Celtic. They knew he was a bluenose and didn't want to make a public bid where both us and them were bidding for him and he chose us. He told them he wouldn't join Celtic, he told Kilmarnock that too as Kilmarnock fancied an auction. And you think I live in a fantasy world.

Celtic approached Naismith through an intermediary to see if he would be interested in signing for Celtic. They knew he was a bluenose and didn't want to make a public bid where both us and them were bidding for him and he chose us. He told them he wouldn't join Celtic, he told Kilmarnock that too as Kilmarnock fancied an auction. And you think I live in a fantasy world.

Wrong just wrong.

He was neg with celtic and us at the same time, dont have any links but it was all in the press at the time.

Were there direct quotes ? Again, genuine question - because we all know that we shouldnt always trust the press.

Were there direct quotes ? Again, genuine question - because we all know that we shouldnt always trust the press.

Jim Jefferies stated at the time that Celtic had enquired about Naismith but they failed to follow it up with a verbal offer. I don't believe it ever got to the contract negotiation stage.

Jim Jefferies stated at the time that Celtic had enquired about Naismith but they failed to follow it up with a verbal offer. I don't believe it ever got to the contract negotiation stage.

This, to me at least, would back up amms statement that Naismith said he wouldnt sign for Celtic.