Leggat - BIGOTS Who Hate Rangers Will Kill SPL

Just wanted to add i have just seen the post from richie and i dont agree with alot of the stuff he has to say, or did have to say. esp the below.

There has never been an attempt at an apology for the years of bile that came from Rangers, no apology for the way the rode roughshod over football and this mentality that they are so much better than everyone else still permeates from most Rangers fans

Guest supcoop

Im a lifelong Rangers fan and i have to ask why that guy has been banned? He expressed his opinion,which there was a lot i didnt agree with and quite bit i did agree with, yet he gets banned for doing so. Can people not see this is why we are despised by other fans. Not because of what we have won but our attitude that we are always right, they are always wrong no one likes us we dont care................ Im mean fuck me, is it not time we took a step back and see what we have become. There has to be a reason 97% of other fans want to see us go down and its nothing to do with being the best club with 54 leagues or whatever else we think it is. Its because of this attitude of "well didnt like what he said so he's banned"

Im a lifelong Rangers fan and i have to ask why that guy has been banned? He expressed his opinion,which there was a lot i didnt agree with and quite bit i did agree with, yet he gets banned for doing so. Can people not see this is why we are despised by other fans. Not because of what we have won but our attitude that we are always right, they are always wrong no one likes us we dont care................ Im mean fuck me, is it not time we took a step back and see what we have become. There has to be a reason 97% of other fans want to see us go down and its nothing to do with being the best club with 54 leagues or whatever else we think it is. Its because of this attitude of "well didnt like what he said so he's banned"

It's jealousy, plan and simple .

No it isnt.

It is because they have a deep-rooted hatred and jealousy of us. Sorry, but to lay the blame of this on us being arrogant is playing into their hands.

His 2nd post on the forum called a fellow member a clown for simply stating that Utd fans have their own issues too, their own official Trust called us Huns, an unacceptable accusation - yet you see absolutely NO humility, regret or apology from them - hypocrisy at its best. We have to apologise for the actions of a couple of people yet there is no reciprosity when it comes to others making apologies for using banned language about Rangers fans. Aye right.

Jealousy , add to that the years of negative media and piss poor PR , then throw in the sectarian and political element and we have the perfect storm.

Agreed. Jealousy of success is the root - the other stuff simply provides them with ammo and a self-justification that they can feel good about.

The sad fact is, people in this country these days spend more time resenting others' success and ambition than trying to achieve things for themselves. If you watched the England game in the pub last night you'll know what I mean. I've got no love for the English national side (and none for the press who so often build them up beyond reason ) but going to the pub in the hope of seeing someone else lose is not healthy.

In fact, I dont think I have met an arrogant Bear. Not even Bluedell or Frankie ;)

I am proud of the history of my club, I am proud of us having more domestic titles than any other club on the planet, I am proud that we have accumulated over 100 domestic trophies in our history. I am also proud of what our club has done in the community through the Foundation. I am proud of what the club has done with regards to the armed forces and providing match day tickets. I am proud of an array of things to do with my club.

If being proud means I am arrogant, then so be it.

But I personally dont consider it being arrogant at all. We have an absolute RIGHT to be proud of our club's history - and that wasn't, isn't nor ever will be arrogance - it is a satisfaction knowing your club has performed admirably over the years - nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to beat ourselves with a stick about.

Edited by craig

Agreed. Jealousy of success is the root - the other stuff simply provides them with ammo and a self-justification that they can feel good about.

The sad fact is, people in this country these days spend more time resenting others' success and ambition than trying to achieve things for themselves. If you watched the England game in the pub last night you'll know what I mean. I've got no love for the English national side (and none for the press who so often build them up beyond reason ) but going to the pub in the hope of seeing someone else lose is not healthy.

My mother and brother are out here just now... I watched the game last night and I watched an enjoyable game as a neutral observer - Scotland werent playing so I supported no-one. My younger brother AND my mother couldnt hide their glee at England being beaten - I was pretty taken aback (although shouldnt be) and had to bite my lip.

My 7 yr old had more of a reasoned head on him - he actually wanted England to win.... primarily as he recognises more of their players than the Italians.... oh for the innocence of a 7yr old.

I might also add, it is hardly an exclusive feature of Rangers websites that fans of others teams are banned. If that's an example of our alleged mandatory arrogance they're fairly scraping the bottom of the barrel.