Division 1? - Finances?

So there seems to be growing notion that we will be playing first division football next year.

Now my question is - if we are to be playing first division football would our income differ much?

I mean if we stick by the club going to games and paying for things such as tickets and merchandise...

We would only really miss out on the SKY money (however they may screen our division one games) and prize money.

Playing the likes of Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Hamilton, Falkirk could be a nice little change.

I mean we will still be playing the SPL teams in the cup(s).

Thoughts?

Haven't Falkirk and Thistle not came out and said they don't want us or would vote against us going to div 1?

Don't think it would be up to them to vote...

I think the following scenario is likely...

SPL vote no to Rangers without sanctions - however vote yes to Rangers with immediate relegation.

What could Falkirk or Thistle do then?

SPL vote no to Rangers without sanctions - however vote yes to Rangers with immediate relegation.

I thought the SFL teams could/would have some sort of say? I am asking as I don't know.

Haven't Falkirk and Thistle not came out and said they don't want us or would vote against us going to div 1?

I read it was the Thistle supporters association who didn't want us, I would think the chairman is rubbing his hands in glee at the pound signs.

You may very well be right about the scenario, but it can't be on a whim. There must be a clearly defined reason.

Following todays Crown Office statement, and also the fact that the BTC has not been resolved, the SPL would be wise not to jump to conclusions and give as reasons evidence they have read in the mainstream press. I now feel galvanised and I'm ready for a fight.

After all, sporting integrity is at stake.

As an aside, the thought occurs that perhaps CFC are bringing pressure to bear with the powers that be to safeguard their income?

The timeline is certainly a coincidence.

As are the statements from other Clubs.

If it weren't for the the horrible effect on our Club, this would be fascinating.

Guest Lloret1972

I think that in order for us to be granted membership of the SFL (whether it be via parachute into Div.1 or to Div.3) there has to be a vote of all members of each division.

The SPL has no say in it at all but it is academic at this stage because we aren't even a member of the SFA yet.

Playing the likes of Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Hamilton, Falkirk could be a nice little change.

The first club named has to be boycotted due to the disgusting stance taken by Yorkston.