Division 1? - Finances?

maybe not the 3rd division but if you read what the partick thistle fans said tonight they will boycott their own club if they vote them into sfl1

Jesus, the pure hatred towards rangers is now if full flow isn't it.........

The SFA might stick us in Division 1 due to Sky saying they will keep their contract with the SPL for only one season without Rangers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Division 3 football as these teams that have taken a vote against us to join the spl expect us to go to division 1 and bounce back up again? At this rate we won't have a team to compete in division 1! God we may even struggle to compete in Division 3 but these teams took a vote and this is where we are!

Let them fend for themselves!!

Now my question is - if we are to be playing first division football would our income differ much?

I mean if we stick by the club going to games and paying for things such as tickets and merchandise...

We would only really miss out on the SKY money (however they may screen our division one games) and prize money.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Obviously if we're playing in a lower league then our ticket prices would have to be adjusted accordingly. Even a small reduction on that front would see a significant drop in revenue over the course of a season.

If the JJB contract remains in place without any renegotiation then our merchandise revenue wouldn't be effected. If not then that one could go either way.

Sponsorship money is more likely to drop than increase.

Overall, the turnover would likely be reduced by at the very least a couple of million. The most significant factor, as far as I can see it, would be how much ticket prices need to drop to keep attendances up.