Crown office launch investigation into sale of Rangers to Whyte

Breaking:

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/107837-rangers-crisis-crown-launches-criminal-investigation-into-whyte-takeover/

A criminal investigation has been launched into Craig Whyteâ??s takeover of Rangers last May.

On Monday the Crown Office confirmed its investigation into alleged criminality follows a â??preliminary police examination of informationâ? handed to them by Duff and Phelps administrators.

In a statement, the Crown confirmed the investigation was now under way.

It read: â??The investigation into alleged criminality follows a preliminary police examination of information passed to them in February this year by the Club administrators.

â??The Procurator Fiscal for the West of Scotland will now work with Strathclyde Police to fully investigate the acquisition and financial management of Rangers Football Club and any related reports of alleged criminality during that process.â?

At last we are getting somewhere. We all said it at the time, there was a very strong stench surrounding the Whyte takeover. Wonder if we will be exonerated for some of our "crimes" once the guilty are prosecuted or will this lead to further charges against us? The fans are being totally forgotten in all of this except the bloodlust of fans of other clubs. When I woke up this morning I was at my lowest ebb over this whole fiasco. I really don't know whether to feel good about this or not. One thing is for sure we need to be told the truth.

I wonder where this places those want to punish Rangers for integrity reasons?

How can anyone punish the club and fans for being the victim of a crime?

Going by the previous "logic" used, we'll probably all have to go to jail.

Put money on it, they will do their best.

I said it before, it is much like the fellow captains of the Costa Cruiser Line want to punish the Costa Concordia herself, the low-key personell and the passangers for the sinking of the ship. For that brave ship was the flagship of Costa Lines, always got the best people on board, all the neat furniture, guest stars, all the publicity ...