Ibrox Hived Off To Seperate Newco

There could be a few reasons for this - take your pick:

1. Zeus may fancy retaining these assets to leaseback - sell the club but rent the facilities back over a long term agreement.

2. As AMMS says, he could be protecting the assets in case of another insolvency event.

3. He could simply be looking to restructure the business.

Generally though, the situation at the club seems to get more worrying by the hour. The lack of comment from Zeus means fans have no alternative but to think the worse of them.

However, do we really believe Brown et al have the ability to buy the club?

Whit?

You could buy up a lot of land around Ibrox a hell of a lot cheaper - virtually free if you want to develop. Development would probably bring in more money with Rangers playing at Ibrox due to the cash and kudos that brings into the area.

That's what I was thinking, that land where there used to flats is becoming a field with no-one interested.

at half time once someone said the site ibrox is on would be a bit of prime land for a hotel due to access to the airport and the motorway and the city centre the man who made that comment now owns one of the biggest building companys in the west of scotland .

Pardon me for quoting my own post it's not vanity honest, but what odds that it's the Formation Group that's hiding behind the Manchester based Zeus Capital, and what odds that they were initially approached by the Manchester based Duff & Phelps (MCR as was)?

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Here's the excuse

Statement from The Rangers FC '“For the avoidance of doubt, Ibrox and Murray Park are the property of The Rangers Football Club, which at at present is registered as Sevco Scotland Ltd until a name change is given formal approval. Sevco Scotland was formed to ensure that if the formation of a new company was required in the event of a CVA being rejected, then the Club’s corporate entity would be a Scottish registered company as it has always been

at half time once someone said the site ibrox is on would be a bit of prime land for a hotel due to access to the airport and the motorway and the city centre the man who made that comment now owns one of the biggest building companys in the west of scotland .

So why has that land where the old flats were never been touched?

Just a point regarding Auchenhowie. It's often mentioned that the land can't be sold for housing, I understand this to be correct. However I also understand the land can be sold for leisure or sporting activities, such as a health and fitness club for example.

It's also worth noting that planning consent has been challenged in the area recently, West of Scotland Rugby club for example successfully challenged the planning zoning.

Where there is a will there is a way.