Green Hints He Will Accept Conditions

Alasdair Lamont ‏@BBCAlLamont

Charles Green has hinted he'll accept proposed conditions to allow newco Rangers SFA membership, ie paying football debt, fines & waiving... .right to legal challenge. Green says: "Did you refuse to pay the price of membership of your golf club?"

I'm happy that we're paying our football debts TBH but waving all rights to any legal challenges is a genuine worry. We could end a sitting feekin duck

I doubt that the condition would apply to all legal challenges ever. I think it will be to do with specific, outstanding issues ie. the Bringin the game into disrepute/transfer embargo thing. It'll be a deal on the table - we'll let you into the SFA/Div1, if you pay football debts from oldco, and accept x, y, z as punishment for the disrepute thing - deal or no deal??

I think the transfer embargo my well just disappear - its certainly not been mentioned ANYWHERE recently.

Matter of fact, I wonder whether you can actually give up your legal rights? I would suspect that unless this gets more detailed, nothing will be signed. No instution, especially none that is hardly run on a democratic and impartial basis, shall ever get a card blanche.

This is a very difficult one.

We need a licence in order to be a football club and play matches, even friendlies, at our stadium.

The SFA issue the licences.

The SFA are trying to play hardball with us and are no doubt using the threat of withholding our licence (ie our whole future) in order to get us to comply.

We have to be clever here. As it looks, Lawwell and Regan may have had previous knowledge about Whyte's dealings and this would put the SFA into all sorts of trouble - sporting integrity, you know. So we have to consider our punches carefully.

The disrepute charges are questionable given that there is now an ongoing criminal investigation. Not that I'm suggesting anything, but a smart cop would also want to ask the SFA and the SPL what they knew and when they knew it.

Reading between the lines, SFA are a wee bit worried about the whole thing - as they should be.

The SFA continuing to play hardball is not helpful in the slightest.

Nothing that's been suggested recently has attempted to pour oil on troubled waters.

Most forget that there are turbulent times ahead for Scottish football with a lot of bitterness and ill will between fans. That won't get better when then the SPL clubs get their way regarding more equitable distribution of income.