Reasons for Administration/Newco & resulting punishment???

Should the specific reasons for a club going into Administration & possible rebirth as a Newco, form the basis of punishment???

By this I refer to the fact that Rangers are getting hammered predominantly because their administration etc was due to Tax debt.

Now what will happen if RFC go down to the 3rd Div, and Club X from the SPL enters Administration and has to exit via Newco. If the punishments are not the same as RFC's there will be an outcry, but I can see the defense being "Its a different situation - Club X's debts were not Tax related"

I believe that it should be a case of a set punishment, regardless of the overall circumstances, or who the creditors are. These punishments NEED to be clearly defined ASAP (like the Enter Admin = 10 point reduction) before any other club enters this scenario

Agreed. Is it that relevant who is owed the cash? Whyte used PAYE and VAT to fund the the running of the club but it could just as easily been another creditor. I fail to see why who is owed cash becomes that relevant.

Newco=relegation simple as that, no ifs or buts.

Agree, we should start in Div 3 but people ahve to accept that Rangers are a diff case and the there should be a deal done.

What is the point in putting us into Div3 and claiming it was the right thing to do when by the time we get to the SPL there is no football left in this country?

Agreed. Is it that relevant who is owed the cash? Whyte used PAYE and VAT to fund the the running of the club but it could just as easily been another creditor. I fail to see why who is owed cash becomes that relevant.

We are living in Regan and Lawell world everything anti-Rangers is relevant.

I think a lot of the problems also come down to the different league bodies etc. As has been stated before, the SPL rules for Administration vary from the SFL rules, and possibly the SFA have different rules guidelines.

Something as important as administration/liquidation/newco etc, should be defined at the very top level - the SFA, and apply to ALL registered clubs regardless of size or stature. If the rules/punishments had been clearly defined, we would know exactly where we stood weeks ago, rather than weeks of uncertainty while meetings/votes etc take place. There also wouldn't be any "passing the buck".

I think a lot of the problems also come down to the different league bodies etc. As has been stated before, the SPL rules for Administration vary from the SFL rules, and possibly the SFA have different rules guidelines.

Something as important as administration/liquidation/newco etc, should be defined at the very top level - the SFA, and apply to ALL registered clubs regardless of size or stature. If the rules/punishments had been clearly defined, we would know exactly where we stood weeks ago, rather than weeks of uncertainty while meetings/votes etc take place. There also wouldn't be any "passing the buck".

From the start of next season all 3 should be scrapped and one body set up to oversee all football in the country, along with total restructuring.

From the start of next season all 3 should be scrapped and one body set up to oversee all football in the country, along with total restructuring.

It's been needing that for decades mate, we really need one body (with the right people) and bigger leagues. The fans have wanted a bigger league for years, more teams up and down etc but it's always been voted against for money reasons! If this was done in the right way it could save our game and even move us forward but with the guys in charge and so many idiot chairmen about I don't hold up much hope.

Seeing as pretty much every business tries hard to reduce payments to HMRC, what is the beef?