Giovanni Di Stefano - To buy Rangers FC PLC?

I would imagine the SFA may well try to involve FIFA / UEFA if they were to dispute any attempted move to England.

I also anticipate an official statement from the English FA / The Football League within the next day or so claiming that 'there's currently no mechanism...' or similar gibberish to what Longmuir was spouting for sometime up until the speculation became a reality.

The catch 22 part for me is Di Stefano won't buy the oldco unless they are part of the English League. Can the English League admit a maybe club. I doubt it. At what level can we enter? If we would have to start in the conference then maybe we would be better beginning with a reserve team for the first few seasons of the climb Keeping the first team in Scotland.

The catch 22 part for me is Di Stefano won't buy the oldco unless they are part of the English League. Can the English League admit a maybe club. I doubt it. At what level can we enter? If we would have to start in the conference then maybe we would be better beginning with a reserve team for the first few seasons of the climb Keeping the first team in Scotland.

It's hard to tell what exactly Di Stefano is planning. He seems to be claiming that the because HMRC rejected the CVA that the oldco could have minimal or zero liabilities. Not too sure how HMRC and BDO will react to that.

What level we could enter at would be at the discretion of the Football League and it's member clubs. TV and sponsorship could be a contributing factor though. Like I said before, I think direct entry into the EPL has next to no chance. More than likely would be Conference level which is similar (probably better) in standard & attendances to SFL Div3.

I think if we were to be accepted to England then UEFA would object to us having more than one team. We might be able to get round it by renaming and rebranding one though.

Guest carter001

â??My aim has always been to give Rangers an alternative. I have offered to acquire The Rangers Football Club PLC in order to turn the company over to its supporters if they form some kind of legal vehicle. I cannot stand idle by and watch the history of football wither away and be erased because a few silly people made steps longer than their legs. The Rangers Football Club PLC is only in administration and a unique situation has now occurred. I have no problems buying the shell company it is actually worth on paper zero but with the new option of playing in the English Premier League or the Football League may well be something the supporters approve,â? said Di Stefano.

:shock::shock::shock:

I don't think lawyers make mistakes with words!

You're putting much more thought into this than it merits.

You would think after Murray and Whyte, everyone would be running a mile away given this guy's probably an even bigger chancer than the pair of them combined.

He claims to have no interest in pursuing this any further than rescuing the oldco and attempting to have it accepted into England / restored to the SPL. Once that's achieved the club would either be owned by middle eastern investors or the fans.

Probably just as well as I agree that he may have some issues with Fit and Proper Persons testing.