The SFL Vote Thread

I wish Green would just accept the wishes of the Rangers support and get down to business in Division Three.

It's not up to Green...it's up to the SFL & SFA!!!

Like everyone else, I'm sure CG just wants a final decision to made so that he CAN get on with it!!!

I wish Green would just accept the wishes of the Rangers support and get down to business in Division Three. All I want now is for the season ticket info to be released, buy my ticket and concentrate on the football for a change. Empires have risen and crumbled by the time it takes Scottish football to make a decision.

Rangers and CG have accepted it,will the SPL/Regan accept it

"Rangers' future remains uncertain after the Scottish Football League clubs voted against the Light Blues playing in the First Division next season.

"At a meeting at Hampden today, the 30 member clubs agreed to accept Rangers into the SFL but voted against the SFL board being allowed to broker a deal with the SPL and SFA over new structures and procedures which would also include Rangers playing in Division One.

"It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

Statement on Rangers site.

Guest Bluenose80
"Rangers' future remains uncertain after the Scottish Football League clubs voted against the Light Blues playing in the First Division next season.

"At a meeting at Hampden today, the 30 member clubs agreed to accept Rangers into the SFL but voted against the SFL board being allowed to broker a deal with the SPL and SFA over new structures and procedures which would also include Rangers playing in Division One.

"It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

Statement on Rangers site.

We must refuse SPL/SPL2 unless it is on our terms as they officially need us more than we need them as we now have a league to play in. They can invite us but we DO NOT have to accept. I hardly think the Div1 clubs which voted for Div3 would accept this either as it defeats the point of them voting as they did.

I'm hearing that Celtic board are very very worried. Have you noticed how quiet they have been since their inital 'we don't need Rangers'. It would appear they are shitting themselves and after that statement left themselves no room to manoeuvre publicly.

Squeaky bum time for them :D