Ally - This is what I wanted

DEFIANT Rangers boss Ally McCoist last night THANKED the SFL for putting Rangers into the Third Division.

He insisted the Ibrox club will emerge stronger in the long run.

All but five SFL sides voted to send Gers to Division Three.

Rangers fans had made it clear that was where they wanted their team to go to in search of a fresh start.

McCoist echoed that view, and last night he said: â??I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL. Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and it makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.

â??I fully supported the fansâ?? views that starting again in Division Three maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on.â?

The SFL chairmen reached their historic decision despite the pleas of the SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and his SFA counterpart Stewart Regan.

Even the sweetener of league reconstruction did not sway the lower-league supremos, who had been left seething by what they saw as a heavy-handed approach from the gameâ??s top brass.

Now, unless a package of reconstruction is fast-tracked through, Gers will not be back in the top flight until 2015 at the earliest.

With up to EIGHT SPL clubs facing the prospect of administration should broadcaster Sky decide to walk away from the final year of their TV deal with the SPL due to Rangersâ?? long-term absence, McCoist knows a huge chunk of the SPL could follow Gers into the mire.

Ibrox legend Coisty â?? who has endured a nightmare first year as a manager since replacing Walter Smith last summer, also blamed the current crisis on past Ibrox regimes whose financial recklessness drove the club out of business.

McCoist said: â??The SPL clubs and the SFA have made their positions clear over the last few weeks and it remains to be seen what the long-term effects of their decisions will be.

â??Rangers has been severely punished for the actions of individuals who previously ran the club and it will take time for us to recover.

â??But we will come back stronger thanks to the loyalty of the fans and the commitment of everyone at Ibrox who are working tirelessly to bring stability and success back.

â??I will be carefully monitoring events and reactions over the next few days and be making further comments probably early next week.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4428899/This-is-what-I-wanted.html#ixzz20a25kgAu

not very confident in his own ability perhaps? does he think that is his level?

You just can't help yourself. There are enough people outwith Rangers having a kick at us just now. And for the record the 3rd division is our level right now.

Sfl3 is where we are and where I hope we begin our comeback, owing no favours to anyone. The SFA have effectively colluded in the looting and pillage of our first team squad. It's to be hoped that the various investigations also recognise this fact.

You just can't help yourself. There are enough people outwith Rangers having a kick at us just now. And for the record the 3rd division is our level right now.

no its not, we are a premier league club, we are the biggest club in the country and no matter what league we play in that will never change. ally was found out big time last season, maybe in the third he will feel more at ease

no its not, we are a premier league club, we are the biggest club in the country and no matter what league we play in that will never change. ally was found out big time last season, maybe in the third he will feel more at ease

Found out how exactly? We finished a comfortable 2nd despite a 10pt deduction, despite playing half the season with a severe lack of options up front, despite having a bigger distraction of gargantuan proportions than chasing a last 16 spot in the champions league a la Eck.

As for being more at ease. We don't have a team ffs. We've had no pre-season. We have limited funds to bring in players if and when we're allowed to. What sort of players do you think we'll be able to attract to Div3?

As for the opposition, if certain SPL sides could have been accused in the past of raising their game against us what do you think the Div3 teams are going to be like? These are the teams that constantly cause cup upsets against SPL sides. Trouble is that most fans will be thinking that this is going to be a walk in the park. They're sadly deluded.

not very confident in his own ability perhaps? does he think that is his level?

Sorry mate but I strongly doubt that Ally McCoist want's Rangers to play in the 3rd div because he has little confidence in his own ability, I think he accepted the 3rd div for exactly the same reasons that 80% of our support voted for the 3rd div.

That kind of worries me too,people have totally forgotten how inept Ally is as a manager.

With him managing,who knows how long it will take?