Leggat - Regan At The End

FORGETTING to be careful what you wish for and not remembering the law of unintended consequences came back to bite the Scottish Premier League on the backside.

Now the SPL is faced with having to make a humiliating climbdown.

For the only way out of the mess the bigots and fools in the SPL have created â?? with more than a little help from SFA chief executive Stewart Regan â?? is to invite Rangers to join them.

What a bunch of bigoted numpties those SPL chairmen and chief executives are. They listened to the hate filled bigoted bile which spewed from their fans and for no good sound sensible reason they refused Rangers entry to the SPL.

They believed all the ranting rubbish from their head honcho, Neil Doncaster and his SFA sidekick, Stewart Regan, that Rangers would be parachuted into the First Division and be back in the top flight this time next year.

They believed all the nonsense that a stitch up had been agreed and that the Scottish Football League clubs would roll over and have their collective tummies tickled.

They wished to be seen to be bowing to the disgraceful demands of their bilious supporters, secure in the knowledge that Doncaster and Regan would browbeat and bribe the SFL and that the Sky deal would be saved and there would be no financial meltdown.

Their wish was to be seen as tough guys. Good guys. The guardians of sporting integrity.

I wonder how they are feeling inside the boardrooms inside Pittodrie, Tannadice and Fir Park today.

Not too happy is my bet. At best. Shivering with fear as they face the financial consequences of their actions is the more realistic scenario.

Scared to death that they have brought on the death of their clubs and hastened the death of Scottish football.

It is hard to believe any body of successful businessmen could have made such a blind and foolhardy decision, for the consequence of the SPL no vote to Rangers was always going to be that the Ibrox club were heading for the Third Division.

And what a craven coward Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan proved to be when events moved to their logical conclusion and the SFL voted Rangers into the Third Division.

Did he come out to face the music?

Did he heck as like.

Stewart Regan cowered in cowardly style, hunkering down in his bunker, hiding behind a rambling statement which made no sense whatsoever. It read like the list of last wishes of a condemned man.

For Stewart Reganâ??s days as the chief executive of the Scottish Football Association are surely now numbered. There is no escape route for him other than the low road south.

For instance, what will he do should the Scottish Premier League perform the biggest about turn in history and when they convene their AGM next week they vote Rangers back into the SPL?

After all, he made it clear that had the SPL done so in the first place he would have blocked the move by denying Rangers membership of the SFA.

But that bluster was based on his belief he and Neil Doncaster could bully the Scottish Football League into parachuting Rangers into the First Division.

It has proved to be a baseless belief for this pair of muppets.

Thatâ??s something worth dwelling on.

For if you take a good long lingering look at Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan that is exactly what they look like. A pair of muppets. It is what they sound like too.

Gibbering wrecks is what they will sound like too should the Scottish Premier League chairmen and chief executives come to their senses next week at their AGM and hold another vote, one which results in Rangers being invited back into the SPL.

But Rangers now hold the whip hand. They need not accept any such invitation.

Rangers would be within their legal and moral rights if they refused it. After all, they have not applied a second time to join the SPL. They applied once and were refused.

They then applied to join the Scottish Football League, were accepted and quite correctly, quite properly, placed in the Third Division.

Now the only way Rangers can be forced to accept any invitation to rejoin the SPL would be if Stewart Regan refused to admit them to the SFA unless they did so.

Which would leave Stewart Regan, the chief executive of the Scottish Football Association, looking even more miserable, more incompetent and a bigger bumbler, than he already appears.

And hasten his journey on the low road south after a two year reign which has proved to be an unmitigated disaster for Scottish football.

That is the law of unintended consequences.

If we are in SPL next season then there must be no sanctions etc. This condition must be laid down by Charles Green who now has to play hardball with these people. He has power now and he must use it wisely for our benefit. Rangers in div3 suits nobody despite what some of our supporters say

We aren't dealing with normal business people who run SPL clubs. I wonder how many of them realise the implications of yesterday's vote. It's now about survival for almost all of them some of which have eye-watering debt levels for the size of business they are. They may go in administration sooner than they think or need to go part time. Who knows

The SPL is a race horse with a broken leg that needs to be put out it's misery. Rangers should refuse to ever again play in the SPL and demand that it be disbanded, and the clubs merged back into the football league.

We should also demand Regan to be removed from his position at the SFA and demand a full investigation into his relationship with peter Liewell.

It has been obvious for some time that Regan is a prize tit who is totally out of his depth and who is only where he is by the grace of Liewell. He is most definitely not fit for puspose. Ditto, Doncaster. If the Teddy Berrs do go to Div 3, I think it would be safe to assume that the house of cards that is the SPL, will collapse; led by the Arabs, closely followed by Sheep, HIVs and Murderwell - not necessarily in that order. ICT has already presed the panic button.

It has been obvious for some time that Regan is a prize tit who is totally out of his depth and who is only where he is by the grace of Liewell. He is most definitely not fit for puspose. Ditto, Doncaster. If the Teddy Berrs do go to Div 3, I think it would be safe to assume that the house of cards that is the SPL, will collapse; led by the Arabs, closely followed by Sheep, HIVs and Murderwell - not necessarily in that order. ICT has already presed the panic button.

Don't forget St Midden

PDESports exclusive - StMirren chairman Stewart Gilmour slams 'catastrophic' SFL decision to send Newco Rangers to Third Division

PDESports exclusive - Gilmour: 'I hope the SFL clubs realise the damage they have done to Scottish Football' stmirren

@PDESports exclusive - Gilmour: 'I hope the SFL clubs realise the damage they have done to Scottish Football'

Don't forget St Midden

PDESports exclusive - StMirren chairman Stewart Gilmour slams 'catastrophic' SFL decision to send Newco Rangers to Third Division

PDESports exclusive - Gilmour: 'I hope the SFL clubs realise the damage they have done to Scottish Football' stmirren

@PDESports exclusive - Gilmour: 'I hope the SFL clubs realise the damage they have done to Scottish Football'

That's a cracker from Gilmour, there was me thinking it was the SPL clubs who made the decision to kick Rangers out of the SPL.

Something that I teach to my weans is that they must always man up and take responsibility for their own actions.

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

The SPL is a race horse with a broken leg that needs to be put out it's misery. Rangers should refuse to ever again play in the SPL and demand that it be disbanded, and the clubs merged back into the football league.

We should also demand Regan to be removed from his position at the SFA and demand a full investigation into his relationship with peter Liewell.

THIS,more than ever,THIS.

I've tried to ask this question, but as of yet I've not had anyone take it on.

"Scotland's football supporters refuse Rangers entry to the SPL"

This headline has been banded about in various formats leaving the world in no doubt that we are the pariah Club of Scottish football.

70%, 90%, 95% of almost every Clubs' support "say no!" to Rangers! These were the figures being branded about.....figures unchallenged by anyone!!

Do Scotlands' fans really hate us ?

Motherwell's Fans' Trust clearly indicated by their vote that 82% do not want us anywhere near them from now on.

Based on this overwhelming majority, Motherwell FC voted against us stating that it was the fans' wishes.

However, how many fans actually voted, 10, 100, 1000, 10,000? After all, MFC's average home attendance is about 6,000.

Here are Motherwell's figures, percentages AND numbers !!

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/07/03/results-of-%E2%80%98well-society-ballot/

You could argue that less than 10% of their support said "No".

The big question is, why did Motherwell FC, knowing of the financial implications, go ahead with this "No" vote knowing that only a small minority actually wished it so ???