Ian Black signs, Andy Little pens deal

Ian Black on his reasons for signing

"I'm delighted to be here. The move has been a long time in coming with all the talk there has been in the papers.

"About four weeks ago there was a bit of interest shown and after that it was just a waiting game for me. I was really excited to hear the manager was interested in me.

"Now I'm thrilled to get the opportunity to come and play here. I had a good few other clubs wanting me to sign for them but coming to a club like this is great.

"I had opportunities to stay in the SPL and people might criticise me for not doing that but I want to win things here now.

"I know Rangers are in the Third Division but you only get an opportunity to come somewhere like here once.

"It's something I wanted to give a shot. Playing in front of big crowds will be great and I'm looking forward to it."

Little: Together we are stronger!

ANDY LITTLE says the atmosphere surrounding the club played a huge part in his decision to sign a new deal with the Light Blues.

The striker put pen to paper on a two year deal with an option for a third season, after the club was granted a transfer of SFA membership.

And the 23-year-old revealed that the togetherness among the squad, coaching staff and supporters of Rangers played a big role in convincing him he belonged in Glasgow.

He said: "I like the whole togetherness that the club has. Sometimes I feel like we're at our best when we're up against it and I really want to be a part of getting the club back to where it belongs.

"The club is down at the bottom now and we have to start again but the manager spoke to me and really convinced me that I had a big part to play in the future of the club.

"I like to think that I'm the kind of player who plays with my heart and it came down to that when we were in administration and everything was against us.

"I felt like I really responded well to that and it's going to be exactly the same in the third division."

The role of McCoist, and Little's international boss Michael O'Neill, were also significant, with both offering reassurances on his future.

Little added: "The manager definitely played a big part. He obviously can't give you assurances or guarantees of playing every week but he said I had a good chance.

"He was pleased with how I did towards the end of last season and I'm really keen to continue that form if I can.

"I also have to say that my international manager played a part as well because I did feel that if playing third division football would have meant not playing for my country that might have made up my mind to leave.

"But I spoke to him and he said that if I can keep my standards up and keep performing the way I was last season then he wouldn't overlook me, so I know I have a chance of playing there too."

Little: Together we are stronger!

ANDY LITTLE says the atmosphere surrounding the club played a huge part in his decision to sign a new deal with the Light Blues.

The striker put pen to paper on a two year deal with an option for a third season, after the club was granted a transfer of SFA membership.

And the 23-year-old revealed that the togetherness among the squad, coaching staff and supporters of Rangers played a big role in convincing him he belonged in Glasgow.

He said: "I like the whole togetherness that the club has. Sometimes I feel like we're at our best when we're up against it and I really want to be a part of getting the club back to where it belongs.

"The club is down at the bottom now and we have to start again but the manager spoke to me and really convinced me that I had a big part to play in the future of the club.

"I like to think that I'm the kind of player who plays with my heart and it came down to that when we were in administration and everything was against us.

"I felt like I really responded well to that and it's going to be exactly the same in the third division."

The role of McCoist, and Little's international boss Michael O'Neill, were also significant, with both offering reassurances on his future.

Little added: "The manager definitely played a big part. He obviously can't give you assurances or guarantees of playing every week but he said I had a good chance.

"He was pleased with how I did towards the end of last season and I'm really keen to continue that form if I can.

"I also have to say that my international manager played a part as well because I did feel that if playing third division football would have meant not playing for my country that might have made up my mind to leave.

"But I spoke to him and he said that if I can keep my standards up and keep performing the way I was last season then he wouldn't overlook me, so I know I have a chance of playing there too."

Ally is speeding towards legendary status - again.

I really truly hope that this is the making of him as a great manager.

First time we had one guy who became two legends anyone?

I hated Ian Black when he played against us and said I didn't want him. I eat my words. He is exactly what we need for the battle ahead. Glad to see Andy Little back too.

I hate his style of footballer and I admit to being dismayed at his signing. He will do a good job and it is an excellent buy by Ally. I will never - not ever - slag a Rangers player while he is with us but...it'll be hard to get excited about this clogger starring for us. I know he can play, but since he has chosen to foreground thuggery as his forte he can hardly complain when people focus on it.

Good, necessary signing but not one I can be excited or pleased with.