Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

Just been reading a rumour that the Hearts player McGowan turned down an absolutely massive increase in his wages (x5) when he refused to sign for us tonight. I really can't help wondering why on earth he was asked to go to Auchenhowie (and actually WENT) for talks if he didn't want to sign.

Boca was always going. The annoyance is that it doesnt appear that we have an immediate replacement for him. Cribari with Perry should still be good enough for Div 3 AND 2 but it is more of an unknown than if Boca had been there.

We may very well have signed some of the others too as some deals get announced late - hopefully that is the case as I would like to think we took the Argentinian as well as the Australian lad.

That said, the standard of signing we have made is nothing short of incredible given the league we are playing in. We have signed SPL standard players across the board IMO and that shows just how much of a draw this club is.

To sign Templeton, Black and Shiels is incredible business - and, in fact, I dont think any of us would have been disappointed with those signings (well, possibly Black) had we been in the SPL. so to get them whilst in Div 3 is remarkable. And on first impressions both Anestis and Faure look like accomplished, decent signings too.

For me, in this window , I will doff my cap to both Charles Green and Ally - they have done a good job at selling the club.

All in all I would give us a B+ for this transfer window - an A if we factor in the Division 3 issue.

Just been reading a rumour that the Hearts player McGowan turned down an absolutely massive increase in his wages (x5) when he refused to sign for us tonight. I really can't help wondering why on earth he was asked to go to Auchenhowie (and actually WENT) for talks if he didn't want to sign.

Wonder what his wages were at Hearts then ?

Is he THAT good a player ?

I agree with a lot of that Craig and maybe you're right about the B+/A considering where we are, but Ally was saying last week that he thought we needed half a dozen players and that was before the departures of Broadfoot and Boca.

Wonder what his wages were at Hearts then ?

Is he THAT good a player ?

I don't know mate. He's just a young lad, so if we were trying to buy him for our first team, he must be a real talent.

If we don't have a replacement for Boca from the youth then Sinclair needs sacked. (I hear a hurr durr from the right honourable Gunslinger there)

Boca did say on SSN that what he liked about this deal is he gets to play for us in 12 months.

I'm pished and listening to Nofx and I'm imagining a Rangers side next year that is either deyfing the tarrier scum in a year or possibly playing in a new setup.

What is dead may never die (game of thrones/a song of ice fire fans) will get this, we shall reign supreme and chase the inferior tarrier scum away

We are the people and we will always be there for our team.

Lads, we have just signed the best player in Scottish football. Templeton is far better than Aluko.

I agree with a lot of that Craig and maybe you're right about the B+/A considering where we are, but Ally was saying last week that he thought we needed half a dozen players and that was before the departures of Broadfoot and Boca.

He will have to rely on the young guys if we get injuries and/or suspensions. And I get that we have a small squad but there are a number of players who can play multiple positions if absolutely needed - not ideal but it can be done.

Just look at that team from the other night. Cribari, Anestis, Wallace and Faure can all play pretty much anywhere across the back line and we also have Perry sitting in the stands along with Cole, Hegarty...

Midfield we just signed Templeton, have Black, Shiels, Hutton, Little, McKay, MacLeod - I think we should be OK there, certainly in the ower divisions.

Surprisingly we are actually at our strongest up front than we have been for a long time with Jig, Little, Sandaza, Kyle, Shiels too.

Yes, our squad is small, but is strong enough to cope, IMO.

I might be pished but I watch pretty much every single league on the planet and I'm struggling to recall who exactly McGowan is? I couldn't give a flying fuck about this no mark. We have signed David Cooper Templeton, the best Scottish player in years, who would have been a stunning player in any position.

I might be seen as a negative bastard on here but this signing has me absolutely delighted. We have replace Aluko with a far better player

If we don't have a replacement for Boca from the youth then Sinclair needs sacked. (I hear a hurr durr from the right honourable Gunslinger there)

Boca did say on SSN that what he liked about this deal is he gets to play for us in 12 months.

I'm pished and listening to Nofx and I'm imagining a Rangers side next year that is either deyfing the tarrier scum in a year or possibly playing in a new setup.

What is dead may never die (game of thrones/a song of ice fire fans) will get this, we shall reign supreme and chase the inferior tarrier scum away

We are the people and we will always be there for our team.

Lads, we have just signed the best player in Scottish football. Templeton is far better than Aluko.

Do I detect some positivity from you DA ? :D

I really like Templeton as a player, was at Ibrox last season when he ripped Whittaker a new one - a very exciting talent. I for one am hoping that we see this 4-2-3-1 with the "3" being Templeton, McKay and Shiels or Little.

But, even if we dont see THAT formation - having Teempleton, McKay, Shiels and even Little in the team/squad shows we do actually have some flair players around and, if we keep the ball on the deck, will bode well for this season and beyond.