Running costs....

just been having a wee think about general running costs & season ticket income....

In general, does anyone have any idea how RFC's daily running costs (Stadium, training, wages etc) compare with other SPL teams - especially the "bigger" teams with decent sized grounds and decent facilities.

Reports suggest that other SPL teams, with the exception of Ceptic, are selling less than 10k season tickets @ generally a lower price that our ST's. Therefore, they are pulling in less revenue than us, yet they still get by.

I can see our team costs dropping fairly significantly over the next few years, but hopefully still maintain ST's in the 20-30k region. Surely that should be enough to keep Ibrox ticking over, while still providing a decent amount left over for player purchases etc.

Dunno what we have to pay, but if we keep Ibrox at 30k on a match day for a while, we should be fine running-cost wise. I also noted that Brechin had adverts at the back of their jerseys, so maybe that would be another way of income - not that I am a friend of too many ads nor do I know the rules of the SFL in this regard.

Mazza, any chance you can whip up a list of the companies running the other SPL teams?

Dunno what we have to pay, but if we keep Ibrox at 30k on a match day for a while, we should be fine running-cost wise. I also noted that Brechin had adverts at the back of their jerseys, so maybe that would be another way of income - not that I am a friend of too many ads nor do I know the rules of the SFL in this regard.

Mazza, any chance you can whip up a list of the companies running the other SPL teams?

This is something Dundee United do as well, I have always thought it was a good idea with many teams in Scandinavia doing it.

Sure I'll have a look through, it's just finding the right name lol

Ok company names that I can find are:

Aberdeen Football Club PLC

Hibernian Football Club

The Kilmarnock Football Club Limited

The Dundee United Football Company Limited

Motherwell Football and Athletic CluB Limited (The)

The Dundee Football Club Limited

Ross County Football Club Limited

St Johnstone Football Club Limited (The)

St Mirren Football Club Limited (The)

Heart of Midlothian 2005 Limted / Heart of Midlothian PLC

Celtic PLC

(The Celtic one I'm not so sure about, I'm fairly sure they separate out a bank loan through another account, which is why they always look healthy. I'm sure they only pay interest on a loan and not the payment so the debt doesn't show or something. I could however be talking shite :D )

All the companies are on here: http://companycheck.co.uk/

The two companies running Celtic would be .. (c&p from Bluedell)

1. Celtic plc - this company was formed in 1897 and was previously known as "The Celtic Football And Atheltic Company Limited". Its name changed in 1994. It was the football club (and may well still be). It appears to own the players and Celtic Park.

2. Celtic F.C. Limited - this company was formed in 2001 and was previously HMS (402) Ltd. Celtic describe it as being a fotball club and it receves all the gate money and pays all the wages of the players and other staff.