The maths should be quite simple, even for a scotzine-no-name. If you have 3 to 10 times more people in your ground paying entrance fees, you can pay more money to your employees. And that does not mean 30k a week or something.

BTW ... (FF)

Season tickets flying

I have just phoned the TO to enquire about season tickets. I have 5 bar 72 with family and am/was hoping to switch to Govan front as bar 72 doesn't represent good value this season.

I explained my position and the lovely helpful and very cheerful young lady said "you'll be lucky" "it's chaos here today, they are flying out"

Looks like we have voted and the Bears are in !

I think the funny thing about this article is the perception of Celtic fans all thinking we're done and are now 3rd division team and when they are ready to gloat over our 3rd division signings while reading the back pages are instead spluttering over their cornflakes when we sign SPL level players.

It sounds like they are saying, "It's not fair, you're not supposed to be buying SPL players, you're in the 3rd division! When you're kicked while you're down, you're not supposed to get back up again."

I thought this was an article desperate to kick us, yet again. Questioning our strategy is one thing, but this is all about trying to keep the kicks going now that they think we are truly down. I've taken issue with other sites and people who have taken this line, the @talkinbaws site twitter account for one.

As Frankie says, the whole thing is very simple. Our signing strategy is to cover all eventualities over the next 2 seasons, not just to get through SFL3. Why take the chance on signing journeymen who are only just competent to win SFL3, when we can afford players of much greater quality and all but guarantee promotion.

I don't see how it needs to be that strategic. At Rangers - and any club really, we should be getting in the best players we can afford that will come. Our player budget should reflect our income. When you are in the SPL, you don't buy a team that you think is just enough to win it - that's what we did in the early 80's and ended up a disaster. You go for a far better team than you think you need (if you can afford it) - and still you'll find it hard - like the Souness years and beyond.

The same goes for SFL3 and due to the ban it's really SFL2 - we should buy the best players we can to have the best chance of straight promotion - and still we'll find it hard.

But it doesn't matter where we play, why put out a cheaper team than you are able? People don't get big pay rises and stay in the same house with the same stuff, eating the same food and drinking the same wine, we spend what we earn, and the more we earn the better stuff we buy.

We made that mistake pre-Souness, we shouldn't spend more than we have but we should be spending most of our income.

I don't see how it needs to be that strategic. At Rangers - and any club really, we should be getting in the best players we can afford that will come. Our player budget should reflect our income. When you are in the SPL, you don't buy a team that you think is just enough to win it - that's what we did in the early 80's and ended up a disaster. You go for a far better team than you think you need (if you can afford it) - and still you'll find it hard - like the Souness years and beyond.

The same goes for SFL3 and due to the ban it's really SFL2 - we should buy the best players we can to have the best chance of straight promotion - and still we'll find it hard.

But it doesn't matter where we play, why put out a cheaper team than you are able? People don't get big pay rises and stay in the same house with the same stuff, eating the same food and drinking the same wine, we spend what we earn, and the more we earn the better stuff we buy.

We made that mistake pre-Souness, we shouldn't spend more than we have but we should be spending most of our income.

Also, its inefficient tax-wise to turn a huge profit which would then be subject to corporation tax. Spend more of our money, we pay less tax.

I think excessive corporation tax will be the least of our worries this year.

The article is whiny and daft, if Motherwell or Hearts or St Johnstone wanted to sign Dean Shiels or Ian Black I'm sure they could have, what's the problem? If they can't afford him then that shouldn't preclude us from signing him, as long as we can. Questioning the ambition of a player who leaves Kilmarnock for Rangers, whatever division we're in, is a first for me frankly.