It's pretty simple really.

Rangers need to be back in the SPL as soon as possible and we are unable to sign players for a year in 4 weeks time.

Thus, while I hope we will give our young players a chance (and we'll have to), we'll also need players of a sufficient quality and experience to ensure we're promoted quickly through the leagues and ready to compete at SPL level again.

I'm as sceptical as the next man at the wage budget involved but the fact is our squad has been decimated so as has the wage bill. This means we do have a bit of flexibility financially - more so if season ticket uptake is reasonable enough.

It's pretty simple really.

Rangers need to be back in the SPL as soon as possible and we are unable to sign players for a year in 4 weeks time.

Thus, while I hope we will give our young players a chance (and we'll have to), we'll also need players of a sufficient quality and experience to ensure we're promoted quickly through the leagues and ready to compete at SPL level again.

I'm as sceptical as the next man at the wage budget involved but the fact is our squad has been decimated so as has the wage bill. This means we do have a bit of flexibility financially - more so if season ticket uptake is reasonable enough.

all in our wage bill must still be 15 to 20 million at present.

We simply must back our club this season and for the next two by buying season tickets, merchandise at the club shop etc.

Yes, the ownership must be kept under scrutiny and questions continued to be answered, but we must step up and play our part as well.

I hear from inside the ticket office that there has so far been a fantastic response to the ST's going on sale, with unheard of levels of demand from supporters who didnt have ST's last year who are having to wait until the existing ST holders have had their chance to buy their existing seat before they can be sold a ticket.

A major point for me is to avoid as many employees losing their jobs as possible. It is easy for the players to not TUPE across, or to find other clubs, but for ordinary workers at the club these must be extremely worrying times for their liveliehoods. New jobs wont be easy to find.

On a more sporting level I would love us to sell more ST books than "them". They are really struggling to sell the books as they upped the cost by over £100 for 12-13 and without us to chase it is going to be a bit of a non-event for most of them who will continue to keep one eye (and both ears) on Div 3. There is no romance of a new start, no feeling of fighting against the world for them, just another boring old season in the SPL, but without the one and only thing that made it worthwhile buying a season book, us.

If we could sell more ST's in Div 3 than they could in the top tier, that would really lay down a marker for us to beat them with. If our home crowds are bigger, or even close to theirs, it will be a fantastic achievement.

So the cry must be for all bears to renew, or buy anew, a season ticket for the 12-13 season, and help the club we love along the journey to title number 55 come May.

I quite simply refuse to comment on something about us that oozes out of that site.

The only bits I would look at is those of Laura Montgomery, who - IMHO unwittingly - has her Glasgow City LFC reports on Scotzine too. But since I have blocked the existence of that site from my mind and PCs, well ...

I think it's fair to say most people will renew - either through loyalty or just a desire to move past this whole shambles.

While I'm struggling to square the Green/Rangers circle I can't wait to get back to Ibrox.

They won't look so out of place in the Regan and Doncaster's new Premier League next season.

Nono ... there will be a supporters' memorandum, where all Bluenoses will be asked about our club's standing and their thoughts on sporting integrity. And they will sure declare that - should we get promotion - Rangers shall be playing in Division Two!