Sort out the midfield please Ally

he cant just become a football manager, he either has it or he doesnt and ally doesnt.

Much as though I'd like to disagree with you M8 I can't.

Ally will be judged on how successful he is and by that I mean winning trophies.

That's why the league cup & Scottish Cup are so important this season.

Also I wonder how long Green & co will put up with results like todays

Heres one to throw open to debate. Why dont we go for Joey Barton on loan for 1 year. He'd certainly add quality to the midfield and is available for loan from QPR at the moment.

Ok he has acted the clown on more than one occasion but also when he seems to talk on interviews he gives his honest opinion. But regardless of that he can also play a bit.

I think he may jump at the chance and enjoy playing for us.

Watching the game yesterday something like pressance and experience is still missing. McKay impressed me but he is going to need a bit more time. The Robbie Savage rumour may also not be such a back idea to get a good piece of the puzzle sorted out.

Guest Bluenose80
Heres one to throw open to debate. Why dont we go for Joey Barton on loan for 1 year. He'd certainly add quality to the midfield and is available for loan from QPR at the moment.

Ok he has acted the clown on more than one occasion but also when he seems to talk on interviews he gives his honest opinion. But regardless of that he can also play a bit.

I think he may jump at the chance and enjoy playing for us.

Watching the game yesterday something like pressance and experience is still missing. McKay impressed me but he is going to need a bit more time. The Robbie Savage rumour may also not be such a back idea to get a good piece of the puzzle sorted out.

Savage/Barton are you serious? between them and Black all they will contribute to is our red card count.

Savage/Barton are you serious? between them and Black all they will contribute to is our red card count.

Barton absolutely! We had Diouf previously so why not Barton, in fact Barton is a better player. As long as they behave then I dont care how they are, Id just want a bit of quality to come in.

Savage was a bit tongue in cheek, but he was playing at a higher level than ANY scottish league just 12 months ago.

Not sure what other options are, but moving McCulloch back into centre midfield is a no no for me.

Im all for the youngster playing and McKay had a good game but there is still 35 league games plus cup matches to get through.

Guest Bluenose80
Barton absolutely! We had Diouf previously so why not Barton, in fact Barton is a better player. As long as they behave then I dont care how they are, Id just want a bit of quality to come in.

Savage was a bit tongue in cheek, but he was playing at a higher level than ANY scottish league just 12 months ago.

Not sure what other options are, but moving McCulloch back into centre midfield is a no no for me.

Im all for the youngster playing and McKay had a good game but there is still 35 league games plus cup matches to get through.

And as I said what did Diouf do other than increase the red card count. I agree McCulloch in midfield is a definite no no but so is signing players who will only make things harder for their team mates.

diouf very nearly wrecked our season.

but he didn't did he :) some other players underachieving did not help either, the impostor Webster, James Beattie, selling Kenny Miller.......

a lot of our fans liked him and I thought he did OK given the media pressure he was under and shite they wrote and said about him all the time, and other players wanting to make a name for themselves against him etc

he was hated up here by everyone expect us, well most of us :sneaky: