Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

calderwood is a terrible idea. he's just the cheep option.

thank god Lloyds didn't foist him on us and if green does he should be hounded.

calderwood can't get a job in Scotland and being better than ally is zero qualification.

we should appoint a forward thinking young manager who's going somewhere in the game.

the list should be topped by Derek McInnis and work from there.

Sadly it looks like McInnes could be leading Bristol to a promotion challenge this season, so as attractive as I think Rangers are he likely wouldn't leave with the chance of the Premiership

Sadly it looks like McInnes could be leading Bristol to a promotion challenge this season, so as attractive as I think Rangers are he likely wouldn't leave with the chance of the Premiership

maybe but ally earns a lot of dosh. give McInnis his contract and things may change.

calderwood is a terrible idea. he's just the cheep option.

thank god Lloyds didn't foist him on us and if green does he should be hounded.

calderwood can't get a job in Scotland and being better than ally is zero qualification.

we should appoint a forward thinking young manager who's going somewhere in the game.

the list should be topped by Derek McInnis and work from there.

Mate, being better than Ally is qualification for replacing Ally.

JC won't oust Mourinho but he's a competent SPL manager. As such, he represents an improvement on McCoist.

Mate, being better than Ally is qualification for replacing Ally.

JC won't oust Mourinho but he's a competent SPL manager. As such, he represents an improvement on McCoist.

our ambitions must be higher than getting out of div 3. calderwood would be a massively depressing appointment.

I'd rather have Davie weir.

our ambitions must be higher than getting out of div 3. calderwood would be a massively depressing appointment.

I'd rather have Davie weir.

Definitely!

If we sacked Ally to bring in Jimmy Calderwood I might go postal and get decidedly medieval with the odd :basher:

back on ally. last night in the first half Alexander hoofed the ball to Sandaza 10 times. 9 times the defender won the ball the other time Sandaza headered it but was so isolated he lost it.

3 times Alexander played the ball in his own half each time a rangers player got it and retained possetion.

what's allys response to going behind. taking Sandaza of and putting Kyle on so we can start winning the long punts.

utterly depressing. at this level we could actually never ever go long from the keeper and we would be fine. better than that we would be a football team.

that's before we discuss the 11 men in our box at corners.

I dont see why Calderwood would be such a poor appointment, we are 4th in Div 3!!!!!! If we were 4th in the SPL then of course he wouldnt be on my list but some need to grasps the situation we are in. We have still 8 months of Division 3 football which we have to get out of then another 24 months of lower league football at the least.

McInnes wouldnt leave the Championship to come to Div 3. He is up against Leeds, Middlesboro, Sheff Wed, Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn, Notts Forest etc. How could he leave going to those grounds to go to Elgin and Brechin in the next few years.

Edited by Gribz