Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

So the European results were acceptable, we really couldn't expect anything better?

Nope. Neither acceptable nor us not expecting better. But football does not always work like what is acceptable or what is expected. I was as shocked as anyone about Whittaker against Malmö (twice), Naismith's and Jela's inability to convert the chances, Wallace giving the ball away cheaply against Maribor et al. But we have seen this before and no just at Rangers. It is part of the game and a dozen variables come into this, not just a manager. But he's usually the easiest target for all and sundry.

Nope. Neither acceptable nor us not expecting better. But football does not always work like what is acceptable or what is expected. I was as shocked as anyone about Whittaker against Malmö (twice), Naismith's and Jela's inability to convert the chances, Wallace giving the ball away cheaply against Maribor et al. But we have seen this before and no just at Rangers. It is part of the game and a dozen variables come into this, not just a manager. But he's usually the easiest target for all and sundry.

A manager should never lose his job going by this logic.

I was hardly calling for Ally's head that early despite those two awful defeats, but in the time since then he's not really done anything to convince me it was just a couple of blips.

This is not true at all, he'll always have the belief he can turn it around, not blaming him for that as he'll need self belief to try and get anywhere but facts are he'll never walk away from this dream job.

Yes, it's his dream job, but only so long as he's keeping us headed in the right direction. I trust Ally completely to do what's best for Rangers. He most definitely will not give up without a fight, but he won't jeopardise the progress of the club if it's not working out.

At this point in time, all we have is an over reaction from some fans who would have us change manager at the drop of a hat. It's the same sort of mob mentallity that put us in our current predicament. They'll never be satisfied.

We're nowhere even near the point where I'd be defending Ally to the extent that I'd be using phrases like 'I expect him to turn it around' and yet we have almost a 100 page debate on whether he's the man to take us forward.

Most of it makes for pretty sickening reading, but that's just my opinion. I'm not even interested in debating it further at this stage. I just hope your pal Green doesn't give in too easily in the meantime.

Yes, it's his dream job, but only so long as he's keeping us headed in the right direction. I trust Ally completely to do what's best for Rangers. He most definitely will not give up without a fight, but he won't jeopardise the progress of the club if it's not working out.

At this point in time, all we have is an over reaction from some fans who would have us change manager at the drop of a hat. It's the same sort of mob mentallity that put us in our current predicament. They'll never be satisfied.

We're nowhere even near the point where I'd be defending Ally to the extent that I'd be using phrases like 'I expect him to turn it around' and yet we have almost a 100 page debate on whether he's the man to take us forward.

Most of it makes for pretty sickening reading, but that's just my opinion. I'm not even interested in debating it further at this stage. I just hope your pal Green doesn't give in too easily in the meantime.

Your argument can't be the strongest when you're basically saying people with a differing opinion aren't entitled to it.

I could understand if posters were swearing and name calling but it all seems reasonable to me.

Your argument can't be the strongest when you're basically saying people with a differing opinion aren't entitled to it.

I could understand if posters were swearing and name calling but it all seems reasonable to me.

That is absolutely not what I'm saying and as much as the end of my last post may have read like a personal jibe at your good self, it wasn't.

What I would say is that everyone IS entitled to their own opinion. I would hope that I've made my own stance clear, but at the same time, I won't be losing any sleep over it if I haven't.

I would like to think however that I'm not in the minority when I say that if Ally was to get the sack any time soon I'd be very angry about it and that the tide would quickly turn in this particular debate. Again, that's just my opinion.

I'm still waiting on anyone telling me about the positive atributes super brings to rangers on the field of play.

I mean jig is useless but it's easy to see his positives. what are Allys?

That's a bloody sad argument and that's why nobody has responded on your previous attempts. It's pretty much like asking: why should the sky not be blue? You'd get very few answers to that question too.

That's a bloody sad argument and that's why nobody has responded on your previous attempts. It's pretty much like asking: why should the sky not be blue? You'd get very few answers to that question too.

I think gunslinger is asking what do people see about Ally as a manager that makes them positive. Do they see something exciting and forward thinking in the style of football? Do they see an ability to get required results on a consistent enough basis? Do our players play in a way that give encouragement about the coaching?

Not unreasonable questions.

That is absolutely not what I'm saying and as much as the end of my last post may have read like a personal jibe at your good self, it wasn't.

What I would say is that everyone IS entitled to their own opinion. I would hope that I've made my own stance clear, but at the same time, I won't be losing any sleep over it if I haven't.

I would like to think however that I'm not in the minority when I say that if Ally was to get the sack any time soon I'd be very angry about it and that the tide would quickly turn in this particular debate. Again, that's just my opinion.

Your stance is clear, it just seemed a bit of an aggressive manner to put it across, but I accept you could throw that accusation the other way around at some.

I'd like to think the fans would in the end even if upset initially just get on with supporting the team if that happens, no man is bigger than the club.