Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

That's a bloody sad argument and that's why nobody has responded on your previous attempts. It's pretty much like asking: why should the sky not be blue? You'd get very few answers to that question too.

no its not its the only valid argument for keeping him.

I mean its obvious results haven't been good enough. but if people can point out what he's doing right then we can talk.

I can't see a single positive.

he uses youth when forced to.

good players look worse under ally than their previous manager.

our style of play is pass and hide or hit and hope.

we don't look fit.

tactical changes have been non existent or clueless.

if you take brendon Rodgers at Liverpool. results are poor but you can see what he's trying to do. doesn't mean he will be a success but you can at very least see what he's trying to achieve.

super on the otherhand. can anyone tell me how he wants to see us play? I assume or rather hope its not goofing high balls and trying to win the war of attrition.

All the arguments for seem to basically be moral outrage.

yeah those are pointless. your doing ally no favours leaving him in a job he can't do.

the notion that he will win sfl3 and that's enough also doesn't hold water for me. were waisting a golden opportunity here to grow as a team.

Your stance is clear, it just seemed a bit of an aggressive manner to put it across, but I accept you could throw that accusation the other way around at some.

That's because I responded out of annoyance. I'll admit that and I can see that some on the other side of the debate have only been doing likewise.

I'd like to think the fans would in the end even if upset initially just get on with supporting the team if that happens

I know I would.

no man is bigger than the club.

My point was that Ally would put the club first, so you won't get any argument from me on that one.

When Ally asked/persuaded these players to sign I think we were all quite happy at the time,these players are at this point in are time not producing the goods,now I am not an Ally defender,but these players need to take a hard look at themselves and ask themselves why they are not producing,yes the buck ultimately rests with the manager but the players themselves have so far let Ally,the fans and themselves down.

Now is not the time to get rid of the manager,IMO,we will get promoted this season and at the same time we are in the middle of a war with the corrupt SPL in which Ally has and will have a big part to play in the outcome. It would be the wrong time to get rid of him just now,we are rebuilding and Ally is part of the rebuilding.

no its not its the only valid argument for keeping him.

Are you sure about that?

Do you think Templeton, Wallace, Black and the other good players we've signed would have signed up to play for Rangers with Ally as our manager if they didn't want to play for him? Keep in mind that both Black and Templeton signed for us in the 3rd division and they did that after having spoken to Lee Wallace.....

I mean its obvious results haven't been good enough. but if people can point out what he's doing right then we can talk.

I'll tell you what he's doing right: He's still here after the epic shit-storm and he's trying to build, mould and gel a new team for us! He's also brought in some cracking players, although I have to admit to being very unimpressed with the signing of Kevin Kyle.

I can't see a single positive.

That makes you a very negative person!

he uses youth when forced to.

LMAO.

good players look worse under ally than their previous manager.

Which players?

When Ally asked/persuaded these players to sign I think we were all quite happy at the time,these players are at this point in are time not producing the goods,now I am not an Ally defender,but these players need to take a hard look at themselves and ask themselves why they are not producing,yes the buck ultimately rests with the manager but the players themselves have so far let Ally,the fans and themselves down.

Now is not the time to get rid of the manager,IMO,we will get promoted this season and at the same time we are in the middle of a war with the corrupt SPL in which Ally has and will have a big part to play in the outcome. It would be the wrong time to get rid of him just now,we are rebuilding and Ally is part of the rebuilding.

I think you have made some good points there and it shows Ally is a good man manager and good ambassador for the club when he's came out fighting when the club was kicked while down. Those are his good attributes.

But tactics, formations and making changes is where he struggles big time.

I think he makes a better No.2 TBH.

But this is why I said fi he stays on he desperately needs someone with good tactical experience in his management team.

The reasoning is if we aren't keeping Ally on for football reasons then is that right?

Personally, I have nothing but footballing reasons for defending Ally's position. I think it's worrying that anyone would have any other motivation to do so.

Are you sure about that?

Do you think Templeton, Wallace, Black and the other good players we've signed would have signed up to play for Rangers with Ally as our manager if they didn't want to play for him? Keep in mind that both Black and Templeton signed for us in the 3rd division and they did that after having spoken to Lee Wallace.....

I'll tell you what he's doing right: He's still here after the epic shit-storm and he's trying to build, mould and gel a new team for us! He's also brought in some cracking players, although I have to admit to being very unimpressed with the signing of Kevin Kyle.

That makes you a very negative person!

LMAO.

Which players?

all of them. Wallace shields black.

if you think they signed for ally why aren't they playing for him.

as no one ever gives me any positives we must all be negative.

as for still being here. well done give him an attendance award.